Saturday, February 6, 2010

Letter A (Lesson 5)

We continue our lesson on letter A today. I make a apple tree using felt cloth. The main intention of this tree is to teach Javier numbers and also sing a song on number. But my little boys more interested in plucking the apples from the tree and hear me sing silly rhyme songs.


The boys playing with the apples
Next, I let Javier do some pasting of apple and alligator.
He enjoyed playing with the glue.
I drew some apples for the boys to colour
For this craft, I was intending to make a 'Apples in the basket', but the completed art don't look anything like it. :(
I drew a basket for putting the apples
After the boys have completed colouring the apples, I put it inside the basket. Next I put some glue on it for them to stick the sticks on the apples to make it look like the apples are inside the basket. (Sound complicated?????)
This handprinting craft is rather messy but fun. First I make a hand print of Javier hand on the paper.

Next, I dipped the shower sponge onto the green paint for Javier to make the tree leaves. Follow by printing the red apples using his little fingers.

Our Apple Tree
A sticking activity.
The tree stem using the tissue roll
Our completed Tree
We played a game of colour sorting. Next, I showed Javier the card on the apple before and after cutting. After which I took a real apple and show it to him and cut and show him the inside of the apples.

Yum, Yum Yum... Enjoying his apple
We read the book 'Chicka Chicka abc'. Both my boys like this book alot. They can ask me to read this book over 10 times a day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I chanced upon your blog and am really impressed by the effort you put in to prepare the materials for you home activities with your boys. So inspired and makes me want to do some with my 2 yr old gal.

    I'm going to follow your blog and bookmark it as my favourites! Btw, happy bday to your little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for dropping by and your well wishes for my boy. Your nice comment really make my day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers