Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homeschooling Letter B

We have our first leeson on Letter B today. I started off with the introducing of the letter B to Javier. He saw the blower on the table and keep pressing on it to blow the letter B.

I have already cut out the shape of the Letter B the day before to save time.
I let Javier glue the letters on a white paper. Later we do some thumb printing on it, but Javier is more interested to do hand painting leh.
I told Javier to print his thumb on the paper, but he wouldn't listen, he insist on printing his whole hand on it. :( After letting the paint dry, I draw some wings and legs to make the thumbprint into birds.

Next, I am going to sing 'A bouncy Blue balloon song' with Javier. We blew some balloon before singing. Javier really enjoyed blowing the balloon with the mini pump.

A very cute song, even Javier like it alot. He kept asking me to sing it to him. He actually 'pop' quite a number of balloons while I was singing this song.

I used the bug number cards to teach him numbers. He was quite keen to learn today. He would repeat after me when I say a number. He even arrange the number accordingly.

We did a beaver toilet roll craft today. I need to assist him alot for these craft as he can't paste the parts accurately. I downloaded the craft here.

Of course, after doing so many things, got to have some snack also mah.. Somemore my little boy like to eat so much. So I prepared a butterfly snack for Javier today.
The snack is make up of bread with kaya, pocky stick and 'wang wang' biscuits.

Look at how Javier gobbled up the butterfly.

We read a book abouts birds. As we read the story, we even have a pretend play. We imagined that we are birds. When Javier saw me flapping my arms and flying, he keep laughing, but soon he was joining me in my crazy act also. :)
I like the colourful and cute illustration in this book, The story is simple and just right for young kids
I let Javier do the spooning activity, which is considered a montessori practical life activity. By doing these type of activity, it can develop their motor skills, eye hand coordination, concentration and independence. I hope that through these activity, he would have a longer attention span.

My cheeky little boy. He is so cooperative today, he enjoyed all the activity which I have planned for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers