Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chinese New Year Activity

Prior to the chinese New year, I did some new year activity with Javier. I hope that through the craft activity that we do togather, he would get a better understanding of chinese new year.

We start by doing a pull along dragon. But halfway through the craft, I feel that it seems too difficult and too time consuming for Javier to complete. So I just let Javier paint the paper cup and show him the dragon head which I have painted. And I explained to him that dragon does not exist.




Next, we did the dragon flip book. This flip book require the kid to find the matching colour for the 2 parts to be matched togather. Although Javier does not knows his colour very well. But he enjoyed flipping through the book. As he flipped through the book, I will tell him the colour.
Javier looking at the flip book
Next, I let Javier paste stickers on the empty spot on the dragon.
Pasting round stickers on the dragon, Both my boys enjoyed this activity alot.

I also did 2 lantern for my boys which they keep throwing about. ....Doesn't appreciate mummy effort at all. :(
Initially Javier seems excited when he first saw the lanterns.

I read this book to Javier about new year. But he are not interested at all. Partly becos, he saw Jayden playing toys and he wanted to play also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers