Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Letter B (Lesson 5)

Today we continued with our Lesson on Letter B.

We started of with pasting some body parts for the Letter B. But Javier seems more interested in playing with the glue than pasting.

Admiring his completed work
This is our Mr Blue B holding a baseball bat
Next we do some colour sorting using foam and clothes peg. I cut out 4 foam rectangles of 4 different colour. Then I let Javier use the clothes peg to clip onto the foam. Initially, Javier have a hard to opening the peg, but with a little assistance from mummy, he can handle it very well after a few practices.
After clipping all the pegs onto the foam, I talk to Javier about the different colour again.
He like doing it. After completing it, he would take out the pegs and do it all over again.
Next we also do a craft on Bat, I trace his hand on the construction paper for the bat wings.
Then we paste the fangs, wings, head and goggly eyes on a orange construction paper.
Our bat
The next activity is done by me, I just want to use the pipecleaner and bend into the B Shape and show Javier

I have done quite a number of Bs, Javier is also interested to bend the pipecleaner.
When he saw me draw butterfly on the drawing, he say he wanted to add in the caterpillar also.
Recently, he like the 'The very hungry Caterpillar' alot. He would ask me to read it again and again (for 2 months already).

Next, we have a really fun activity--- blowing bubble in the water.
Javier enjoyed it alot.

In action
After blowing a while, his hand also went inside the cup of water. :(
Our last activity of the lesson is broccoli stamping,
A lovely picture done by Javier and me. I add in 2 boys playing ball, which I told Javier one is gorgor and one is didi.
I also read 'Baby Bear Baby Bear What do you see" to them. The 2 boys like this book very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers