Monday, February 1, 2010

Letter A (Lesson 2)

We have our 2nd lesson. The kids have a really fun time. Today I would focus more on Alligator, thus most of the materials which I have prepared would be alligator related.

First we started with the painting of letter A using glitter glue. Both my boys really like this one.

Initially I started the painting first to show Javier how to use the glue, he got the hang of it pretty fast and soon he was enjoying himself .

Next, I read a Alligator poem to them, but Javier was not very keen. He only begin to show interest when I pass him the colour pencil for him to colour the alligator. But he is not really colouring lah,, just drawing lines on the paper. But at least he is practising his hand muscle, Still not too bad.

This picture of Javier is so cute. I asked him to close his eye first, cos I am going to show him a surprise box. He was so obedient, he close his eyes immediately and so tight somemore.. hehe.

Tada.... I show him the box with all the objects that start with letter A: Alien, airplane, apple and alligator. I called out a name of the picture, he will then point it to me. He got it all right!!! Well done wor!!
Next is the craft on the Alligator. Javier is much more interested in pasting the teeths and the eyes. He keep asking me to give him somemore eyes to paste. Which I then explain to him, alligator only have 2 eyes, so he cannot paste so many eyes on the alligator. Lucky he accept my explaination and did not fuss when I din pass him the eyes.
But mummy very blur lah... realise the mistake only after the craft is completed. I should have cut out the letter A before pasting the eyes and the teeths. But never mind lah, at least he enjoy the craft alot.
Maths time!!! I teach them what is Big and Small. Obviously Javier prefer the BIG ONE. :)

Jayden only start to join us from this activity onwards. Both the boys help to paste the alligator body parts togather.

Javier putting glue on the paper

The finished project.

Next.. Time for some exercise. Mummy went to prepare the paint for the next activity while daddy play with them.
Daddy shout a command, and the boys would have to follow. For example, raise your hand, the boys would have to quickly raise their hand. The boys was so happy while playing, they keep giggling while doing the command.
"Raising their leg and hand"

After the shouting command game, we are going to start our stamping game. This is one of the most fun activity for today.

I cut out some some letter A using sponge for them to stamp on paper.
Dipping the sponge into the paint. Although it can be quite messy, but the kids like it, especially Javier.
wa.. using the sponge too leh chey liao.. might as well use my 2 hands faster...
Jayden is quite scared of mess, he is very careful while doing the painting work. He don't want to dip his hand inside the paint like Javier.
Look at the big patch of paint that Javier make..
Jayden painting.
Javier painting with his 2 hand prints on it.
The 2nd last activity for today is playing playdough. Playdough is good for training the hand muscle.
First, I use the playdough to make into the letter A to show Javier. But he where got time to see, he can't wait to start playing with the dough liao.
Squashing and moulding......
I think they play with the dough for almost 1hour. So mummy left them to play with it themselves while I went to cook their lunch.
Lastly, we read a nice simple story " The lady with the alligator purse". It is a silly story with catchy rhymes. But Jayden like it alot and I think I have read this story to him for almost 6times. For Javier, he was ok with the story.

The inside of the book
I am really glad the boys show so much ethusiasim in the activity which I have planned for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers