Monday, February 1, 2010

Letter A (Lesson 3)

Today we continue our Lesson on A. I try to include more hands on activity for Javier as I realise he is more interest in doing craft.


I put glue on the whole area of the A. Then Javier and I put the red beans on top of the glue area to form the A shape. Javier like this activity alot, as he keep pouring the red beans on it. I think it looks like bee hive in one of the photo.

The red bean activity

Next, I explain to him about the life cycle of an apple, I was expecting him to be uninterested in this. But surprisingly he sat and listen to me explain the life cycle wor. I am not sure whether he understood what I am trying to tell him, as I find it is abit too difficult for him to understand now. But I am glad he is interested in listening to my boring theory lah.
The picture showing the life cycle of an apple
Look at the contented expression when I talking about the life cycle of the apple
Next, I let him colour the picture of an apple, after colouring for a while, he start to fool around. Putting the marker cap inside his mouth.
After the colouring, I show him the pictures of the individual objects which starts with A. He quickly walked into the room where I kept my craft and told me he want to get something. I am not sure what he intend to get. So I just waited for him to come back. I never expected him to get the 'suprise box' which I show him yesterday. He was trying to relate the stuffs inside the box with the pictures which I was showing him. (Kids are really creative, I never thought of doing this with him, he think a step further than mummy)


He puts the felf cloth apple on the picture of the 'apple'

Putting the toy airplane on top of the picture of the 'airplane'

The toy alligator with the picture of the alligator.

Next we have craft session. Today we are doing a apple tree craft. For this craft, we need construction paper, green paint, paint brush and 6 red pom poms.
I drew a tree on the construction paper and prepare the green paint for the painting of the tree.

Javier painting the green leaf for the tree.
Using a black marker to colour the stem of the tree.

We let the green paint dry put before we glue the pom pom onto it. The red pom pom is like the apple on the trees.

The last activity before Javier nap is the stamping of the apple. He practically stamp the apple all over the place. Luckily I covered the whole table with paper, so that I don't have to worry about him stamping paint all over the table.
His apple stamping activity.

Of course, so much talking about apples, I got to have a tasting session of the apples for Javier. He look so happy and enjoying his apple alot.

We also read a book 'Snip Snap' by Maria Bergman. When I first read this book to Javier, he was not interested at all. He would run away when I have only started a few pages. But today, he was able to sit beside me and let me finish the whole book.

I find that this book is probably a bit too long for very young children or very active ones. But Jayden enjoyed this story alot, he ask me to read it to him quite a few times.

The inside of the book.

The activity went well today. Javier enjoyed most of the activity which I have planned for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers