Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Letter A (Lesson 4)

Our Lesson today consists of doing a Alien Craft, a lowercase apple craft, counting, yummy coco crunch letter and story session.

First we started with the lowercase apple craft. I let Javier colour the letter A, then I cut it out and let him paste the leaf.

Javier pasting the leaf on the "a".


The completed craft
Next, we did a Alien craft. I pass some round stickers for Javier to paste on the Letter A.
He is adding the mouth for the alien.
Adding the atenna to the alien head
Mr Alien A

We have a maths activity today, which I teach him number 1 to 5.
First I read out the number to him, then I let him puch out the mini apples to paste onto the chart which I have make.

The mini apples
Javier is pasting the apples and punching the mini apples from the red construction paper
The is counting chart which we have make today.
I have also include a worm puppet for today activity. I make a apple from a foam board and cut a hole. I let Javier put his finger inside the hole to act as worm. However, he keep putting the dinosaur head into the head. He say the dino wants to eat the apple.

The last activity is the one Javier enjoyed the most. I used the coco krunch to arrange into Letter A and showed it to him. But he is more interested in eating it.
Our yummy activity
Cheeky boy showing me his mouth full of coco kruch
We read a book on counting, Javier like this book very much. He like to take this book for me to read to him. Actually there is no words for me to read. But I like to make up story from the picture and tell him.

Javier enjoyed most of the activity today. I am glad that he is keen to participate in the activity which I have prepare for him. To me, whether he really learn the letter to me is not important as long as he enjoyed the lesson and have a fun time. This a also a great bonding time between us.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers