Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Letter B (Lesson 2)

Our 2nd lesson on letter B involves alot of craft work, especially paint. But since Javier like the paint activity. I try to include more of it in our activity.

I drew the letter B that shaped like banana for Javier to paint

I painted the uppercase B while Javier paint the lowercase

Next on our activity list is doing blot art Butterfly. I let Javier choose the colour he want for the butterfly. So these are the colour which he chooses

I apply all the colour on the already pre-cut butterfly.
Next, I folded the butterfly into half. And finally it is now Javier turn... He keep patting on the paper to smooth out the colour to spread it across the butterfly. And after feeling satistfied with it. I asked him to opened up the butterfly.
This is what we get when the butterfly is opened up.
Javier began to use his '2 hands' to spread the paint across the butterfly.
Ta....da... Our butterfly..Not bad leh!!!!
I hang it on the window to let it dry. This is how it look like after it have dried up.
This is the preparation work for the butterfly sun catcher. Javier is tearing the colour pieces into small pieces. Next, we paste the shred of papers in between 2 sheets of contact papers. The last step would be cutting out the shape of a butterfly.
Javier is not interested in this craft. Most of it done by mummy. :( But at least he like the completed work and keep telling me it is butterfly.

Our last craft of the day is making a banana, choco chip muffin.
First, I get Javier to use the hole puncher to punch out little yellow circle. He enjoyed it alot, but I got to help him to slot the paper into the hole puncher for him to punch. Cos he still can't slot the paper properly.
Next, I cut the small paper plate into half and let Javier apply glue on it.
The final step would be to add the red and black circle on the paper plate.
This is our banana & choco chip muffin
My cheeky little boy even pretent to bite on it. :)
Our dessert for today is blueberries & banana smoothies.
I put all the ingredients into the blender and soon we have our delicious smoothies.
The banana taste was quite strong, Javier din like it very much. But he still drink half a cup.

The ABC and counting book consists on individual story for each letters and numbers.

We read a story on a butterfly to end our lesson today.
I find that the lesson today seems to be too packed. When I was planning it, I din realised it. Only when I was writing this posting, then I feel that I have include too many crafts for today lesson. I wonder would it be too much for Javier??? But I am glad that my little boy managed to sit thru the whole lesson with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers