Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Books that Javier read - October

We borrowed quite a number of books this month. But these are the few that caught Javier’s attention. To make our reading session more fun, I would ask him some questions as I read the book.

And one thing I realised is that when I have read books (which interest him) to him for a few times, I realised that he can memorize the story. (I get to know this because one fine day, I was reading “The very hungry caterpillar to him”, unintentionally I just read and stop at one part of a sentence, and he continue to read out the rest of the sentence based on his memory, and I also realised that he had a already memorise the whole book – “The very hungry caterpillar” by heart)

Thus from that time onwards, I would purposely stop halfway of the sentence and let him continue when we read books togather. oct book

Most of the books above have very nice illustration with very few words, except the ‘Whoo! Whoo! Goes the train which is more lengthy.

Just to give a introduction on some of the books above:

1 hunter by Pat Hutchins

A very good book to teach numbers 1-10 if the child loves animals. Javier was so fascinated and in love with this book, he would want me to read it to him a few times a day. Even though I have already returned this book, he still look for it from time to time.

Hide and Seek in the Jungle

A very vibrant and great illustration! There is a total of … I think 4 animals introduced in this book. I like to play guessing game with Javier when I read this book to him. I would describe the special features of the animals (written on the book), and Javier would excitedly exclaimed which animals is that.

I can eat a rainbow by Gina Ford

All along, Javier is not a fan of books that teaches colour, so I was rather surprised that he loves this book so much. For books that he likes, he would take it from the shelf and get me to read it to him. (Likewise for books which he has no interest, after reading it once, it would be sitting lonely in one corner of the shelf)

This is a very interesting book which uses vegetables and fruits to teach colour. Perhaps it is the way the author uses the different vegetables and fruits to construct the animals which caught Javier’s attention on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers