Monday, November 1, 2010

Bah Kuk Teh

It is a first try for me to cook Bah Kuk Teh. With the pre-packed species available in the market now, cooking this dish is a breeze.

Beside the ingredients above, I also added peppercorns to give the soup extra hotness. This is the pre-packed species which I got from the market, one of the stall owner recommend this brand to me. It taste good, we managed to wipe out the whole pot of soup.

Ingredient: (I got the recipe from here, but I modified some part of the recipe, and it taste great)
1 Packet of Bah Kuk Teh Spices
Spare Ribs/Pork Ribs
1 Cluster of Garlic
3 Small Onion, cut into wedges
1 Tablespoon of White Peppercorns
1 Tablespoon of Wolfberries
1 Litre of Water

Method:
1. Wash and blanched the spare ribs in boiling water for about 3 minutes, removed and rinse well. Set aside.
2. Preheat a pot with 1 teaspoon of oil, saute the garlic and onion till fragrant, add in the blanched spare ribs and give it a quick stir and cover for 30 seconds.
3. Next add in 1 litre of water and bring the mixture to boil, then drop in the pre-packed spices and white peppercorns.
4. When the soup boils, let it simmer for about 5 minutes,add in the wolfberries and continue to cook on low heat for another 1hr or so. (stir the soup once or twice in between the cooking time to evenly distribute the taste of the spices)
5. Serve with cut chilli with dark soy sauce.
6. Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. I usually use the ILC trading Bak kut teh spices, without the herbal taste and more peppery. Alot of version in USA but we still got ourselves this type maybe cos we don't like the taiwanese herbal taste ...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42114763@N00/405577142/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this brand in the supermarket also! The brand I am using also no herbal taste, thus that is why I choose that brand. Since You have try the ILC Trading brand and it is not bad, Will give it a try for my next Bak ku teh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers