Thursday, December 23, 2010

An impromptu Play date

It was a last minute decision to meet up with my friends at Northpoint as I need to pop by at the library to get some books. We went for our lunch at this Chinese Cuisine restaurant called "MAYIM - 天乐里" after walking around for a good 10 minutes deciding what to eat and finally we decided Chinese cusine would be a much better choice for our kids. Looking through the menu, I find that they have a wide varieties of dishes range from snacks to main course and dessert… and I flipped through the menu for a few times before deciding what to order.

The food we ordered: The fish congee for Beng Heng. This is different from the usual "Chee Cheong Fan " which is wrapped with shrimp or char siu. I prefer this to the below “ Steamed Vermicelli Roll with crispy golden roll’ as I find the later abit too dry.This is a double-wrapping version where the inner layer is wrapped using spring-roll with shredded turnip, mushroom, carrot and etc then deep-fry until golden and crispy. After which, they will be wrapped with another layer of steam vermicelli skin and served with their special dipping sauce. This is very nice and the texture of the noodle was "Q". I ordered this for my boys. I did not try it but I reckon it must be nice as both my boys managed to finish it and Jayden like the Char siew alot.Javier munching on some butter cookies after finishing his noodle.

After our meal, we shopped around for clothes and toys before we proceed to the library.

I guessed the kids get hungry easily from all the running and playing, so off we hopped to MacDonald for some light snacks.The 4 kids occupying a table and enjoying their fries and ice milo. Stella feeding Bing Heng Fries while Javier looking longingly….. :P

As it is still early, we decided to go to Stella’s house… and my boys were so excited when they know that we would be going there.

They have a great time playing toys and watching show (I guess Jayden enjoys watching show so much that he threw a temper when it is time for us to leave! :P)Playing with his favourite animals toys. Stella and Jayden deciding which show to watch. Stella watching the show!!!!

We left Stella’s place at 6plus as Javier was super cranky as he did not take his afternoon nap. So I decided to take a cab back home instead of waiting for D to pick us up at 7plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers