Saturday, December 18, 2010

Homeschooling Week 29th & 30th (Part I)

For our homeschooling for week 29-30, we did a lapbook on Transportation.

Below is our lapbook and some of the stuffs we did pertaining to this theme. I printed most of my lapbook stuffs here. We also did a learning activity on the parts of car which Javier enjoyed alot. The inside of the lapbook.We sing this song “The wheels on the Bus”.I also introduce letter T and types of vehicles that start with T to him (more activity related to Letter T Learning would be included in my Part II post)

Learning Name  Sometime ago, I realise that he is able to recognize his own name as he point to a name card which has his name on it. So this time, I wrote 3 different names on individual paper and get him to choose his name. And he did very well, beside choosing the paper with his own name on it and pass it to me, he even point out another paper with Jayden name on it and told me “This is Jayden Toh”. :)

Learning the different types of vehiclesUsing a layer book, I introduce the different type of vehicles to Javier, for examples different types of truck, airplane…. Javier would pick out the specific vehicles from all my cutouts. From this way, he can learnt better… as he would be able to spot the vehicles himself and paste it on the layer book.

Learning Alphabets1st Activity:  we did a activity abc train, which didn’t go quite smoothly initially as Javier wasn’t keen to do it at first.

2nd Activity: We fix a animal train puzzle (It was easy to get him to do it, as he loves doing this puzzle). I still need to assist him in the sequence on the alphabets as he is still not very good in it yet.Next, I handed him a stack of alphabets card and get him to match it to the train puzzle alphabets. He has a fun time do it all by himself.Mission accomplished!!! We took out this wooden train which was bought so long ago but clearly forgotten about and decided to put some good use to it today. After latching all the train in sequence, he has a fun time pulling the train around the living room.

Learning Colour
Javier loves doing dot art. So I let him use the dot marker to colour the car instead of colour pencil which he has no interest at all. And he managed to colour all the vehicles using the dot markers. :)

Learning Numbers
We did a dot to dot numbers to reinforce on his number sequence. Finally I can see improvement in his numbers recognition, he is able to recognize up to 20 now.

Art and Crafts
We did a few transportation which Javier enjoying tremendously. :)

Craft No.1: Our family BusFirstly I let Javier stamp his favourite sea creature stamp on the bus. Then I handed the 4 pictures of us, so he would decided who to sit where. He is so cute and told me “ I want gorgor and mummy to sit beside me.” 
Craft No.2: Car Zooming. (I bet this craft would definetly be a hit with any kids.)
Javier got to choose the colour he wants and squeeze it onto the paper.Finally the fun part is getting a car to zoom on the paint and making very nice striking prints. Its messy but fun!!!!! 

Craft No.3: Bus Craft
As this craft tends to get a bit messy, I decided to let Javier goes topless and did the painting in the kitchen.
Painting the bus body. Painting the wheels black.After the paint dried up, I cut out some rectangles for Javier to paste on the bus. (I knows my arts suck and my bus looks really ugly! :P)

Learning Different mode of Travelling
I also do a vehicles sorting according to Sea, Air and Land.    
Learning Traffic Lights
We also read a poem on traffic light and explaining the difference between the 3 traffic colours. He seems to be in a state on confusion now after I have explained it to him. But at least he knows ‘Green means Go’.

Books We read
Maisy likes Driving
by Lucy Cousins
These attractive, shaped Maisy board books provide the perfect introduction to the themes of transport.


The Red Truck
by Kersten Hamilton
This book is a hit with Jaiver, we had been reading it for almost a month, and Javier still likes it alot.

The text is simple and lively, with several sound effects throughout, like SPLOOSH! and VROOOOM!

Continued … Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers