Friday, December 10, 2010

面粉粿汤

Ever since I ate the 面粉粿 at JB, I couldn’t get it out of my mind. So today me and Xiu Yan decided to re-create the 面粉粿 that we ate that day.

Our first task was to knead the flour dough.

Flour noodle:
Ingredients:
1) Flour
2) Water
3) 1 tsp of oil
4) 1/2 tsp of salt
5) Egg (Optional) I opted out the egg, as adding egg will stiffen the noodle, as I prefer the softer version.

Method:
1. Add flour in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle. Add salt into the well. Using a fork, slowly bring flour surrounded the well to mix with the egg.

2. Add water slowly and mix the dough with hand. Stop adding water when all the ingredients are about to combine together. Knead the dough. Add more water if too dry. Continue to knead for a few minutes. Make the dough into a ball and store in a bowl and cover it up.

The Ikan Bilis Soup base:
Ingredients:
1) Ikan Bilis (amount base on your own liking)
2) Water
3) 1 tsp of oil

Method:
1. Stir fried the ikan bilis for 2-3 mins to very light brown in a pot, add in water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 mins.
2. Sieve the broth and bring back to simmer for 20 mins.

 My specially made Chili sauce (Spicy and sour)
Ingredients:
1) 2 Chilli Padi
2) 2 Limes
3) Light Soya Sauce

Method:
1. Chop the chilli padi and squeeze 2 lime into it. Set aside
2. After 1 hr, add in the soya sauce

For me, I cooked individual bowl of noodle at a time. I would scoop out the soup into another smaller pot. Then I cooked the noodle first, then follow by adding in the meat, fishball, meatball (optional) and lastly the vegetables.

* From the flour dough, I separated the dough into many small pieces and flatten it using hand.  This is my dinner, it was really yummy after adding my specially made chili sauce and black vinegar. Even Jayden says it is nice, and wanted a 2nd serving. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers