Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rainbow Butter Cookies

I baked these cookies for Javier’s school racial harmony day celebration tomorrow. Actually I was feeling kinda lazy from the baking yesterday and wasn’t really in the mood to bake today. So I asked Javier if is it ok if I fried fishballs for him to bring to school tomorrow instead … And his reply was a firm ‘no’ and that he wants me to bake cookies for him.

My little boy kept asking me and remind me to bake cookies for him before he left for school. So how can I disappoint him???? So I decided to do a simpler one instead of the doggie cookies.

Before going into the oven.

Out of the Oven

Ingredients
- 250gm of butter (soften at room temperature)
- 105gm of fine sugar
- 310gm of plain flour
- 0.5 tsp of vanilla essence (mixed the plain flour and the vanilla essence)
- m&m chocolate for decoration

Method
- Preheat oven to 140degree (adjust oven to bottom layer)
- Lay the oven tray with baking paper
- Using mixer to beat butter and sugar (use low speed to butter soft)
- Adjust the speed of mixer to 4 and beat for 3 minutes
- Adjust to max speed, add in all the flour
- Roll the dough to small portion (about 10g each) and put on the tray
- Decorate the m&m on the small dough
- Put the tray with the mini dough at 140degree for 25 mins and bake until golden colour
- Leave to cool on wire rack before storing in an airtight container.

7 comments:

  1. hey in Phoon huat got this cookie pres very cute lo. Plus is 5 cutter in one, cheap somemore i think less that 7$ Got moon, heart, star shaped! Maybe i see USA so ex keke~ Plus is so many cutter in one, very fast can finish the whole dough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. littlekaikai: This is easy to make and nice to eat too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ee: I was just thinking of popping down to phoon huat tomorrow. Will check out this cutter!
    It's really time saving wo, to cut 5 at one time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JJ mommy, ya I bought the stars and the flower. I think the moon shaped got 7cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. littlekaikai: No egg needed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers