Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Milo Doggies Cookies

This is my 2nd time baking this doggies cookies. The previous time I made Horlick Doggies Cookies whereas for this baking, I substituted horlick with Milo instead. As it turn out the doggies still look as ugly as the previous baking. :(

I baked these cookies for Jayden Racial Harmony Day celebration in school tomorrow. He was  pretty excited when he saw these when he came back from school today. After he gobbled up the 2nd piece of cookies, I asked him whether is it nice? He says “of course!” :D

Whereas for my other little boy, he was stuffing down the 3rd piece when I asked him.

Mummy: Nice or not?
Javier: Yucks, Not nice!
Mummy: @_@
{A while later…..}
Javier: Mummy, can I eat one more?
Mummy: I thought you said not nice.
Javier: Nooooo… very nice!!!
Mummy: @_@

Although they looks ‘ugly’, it's very crunchy and the fragrant of the milo really make it "Yummy"! Even I cannot stop myself from popping a few. :D Half of the cookies are packed in the container and ready for school tomorrow. 

Ingredients:
(makes about 60 cookies)
- 250g butter, soften at room temperature
- 110g Milo
- 280g top flour
- 35g corn flour
- 35g milk powder (I used my boys’ milk powder)
- 140g chocolate chips
- some chocolate rice
- some Koko Krunch

Method:

  • Pre-heat oven to 140deg C. Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
  • Sieve top flour, corn flour and milk powder.
  • Cream butter and Milo for about three minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
  • Add in top flour, corn flour and milk powder and beat for about one minute to form dough.
  • Divide dough into 10g each. Put four chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into balls.
  • Insert two pieces of Koko Krunch to form the 'ears', chocolate rice for the "eyes", and a chocolate chip in the centre for the 'nose'.
  • Bake at 140 deg C for about 25 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take another 5 to 10 minutes more for the cookies to be ready.
  • Leave to cool on wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers