Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jayden 1st Swimming Lesson

Jayden started his swimming lesson today. I am not sure whether he would love it or hate it after the 1st lesson. But he seems pretty nervous during most part of the lesson. He wasn’t very willing to put his head in the water to breathe and blow bubble, but at least he tried when the instructor asked him to… well it wasn’t as bad as what I had predicted.My little boy was also excited although he is just here to play and splash water.

As Jayden seems to be ‘fearful’ of water, his progress tend to be slower than the others. The instructor was very kind enough to stay back with him and another girl for half hr to specially coach the both of them.  “Thumb UP”…. After the lesson, Jayden DID told me he doesn’t like the swimming lesson very much, but I managed to convince him to continue with it. :D

8 comments:

  1. That is sooooooooooo weird to hear a boy dont like swimming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keke.. he likes playing with water. But hate putting his head inside water. :(

    Actually really poor thing wor when I sit there seeing him having his swimming lessson.. he looks about to cry leh when the instructor ask him to put his head in the water to blow bubble and he can't seem to do it well :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think initially is like that one. Last time Glenda also scared of putting her head in the water and daddy got to be in the pool with her. A kind and patient instructor definitely helps. Give him a bit more rime to get used to it. I am sure he can overcome the fear in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup I agree... Give him more time. It's normal to feel scared of having water covering your face. Hope he overcomes the fear soon! Btw is the coach a "free lance" coach or is he from any swimming "school" or something? I'm actually looking for suitable swimming courses for my boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shufen and Ing,

    I feel so much better and relived after reading the comments by left by your. When I saw that most of the kids in the swimming lesson was so at ease with dipping their head in the water and doing what the coach instructed, I feel abit tense when I saw that Jayden was so scared and couldn't do what the others were doing so easily.

    I agreed that I should give him more time to get used to the head dipping and hope that he would overcome the fear soon. At least he seems excited and looking fowards to his next lesson. I think he likes this coach who is kind and patient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ing,

    This coach is a 'free lance coach' who only gives swimming lesson on Sunday. He is highly recommended by a few mummy I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. Mind if I ask you for his contact? Wonder if he conducts any classes in the east where we stay...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ing,

    I have email you the contact for the swimming coach. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers