Sunday, October 24, 2010

Singapore Science Centre

Our Sunday Part II .. ok… here it goes….As soon as we arrived at Singapore Science Centre, the boys were immediately attracted by the huge moving dinosaur. Who wouldn’t? Alot of visitors were busy snapping pictures with the dinosaurs while kids were fascinated by it.

We spent a good 10mins just letting the kids standing there looking at the dinosaur. Javier was telling me he is scared of it, yet he is moving nearer and nearer to it as times ticked by. :P

Most of the display are interactive, and my 2 little monkeys certainly waste no time in trying to turn, pull or bang any buttons or handle they see. Me and Jayden like this Icy Bodies display alot, very interesting to see the dry ice spinning mist trail.This is the Echo Tube, that’s just got to be our favourite interactive display at SSC. It’s, as the name suggests, a long tube where you can talk, sing or yodel anything and hear it echo. My boys were so fascinated by the echo, that they took turn shouting into it and giggle when they heard the echo. :)Javier was energetic and feeling excited that he began his hip hop dancing inside the room. By using the stick to rub on the outer rim will create a music. There are a few different size bowl which create different music.This passage filled with pebbles was supposed to let us walk as quietly as possible to the other side, but Javier was deliberately making so much noises and stomping on it that a warning screen was flashing red. (Quite fun for the boys here)

Watching some short movies wearing the headphone.   There is a play area for kids which keep my boys so so occupied for a good 30 mins. Of course, Javier wouldn’t miss out the slide! Water play which got Javier’s tee WET!Turning the handle will produce water at the 2 outlet. My boys have alot of fun turning the handles.

Busy getting in and out of the toy house. This place is very suitable for very active boys like my own. They keep themselves occupied by the vast amount of turning and pulling! I guess D is still a kid at heart, he will do alot of crazy and fun things with the kids. Whereas I am a more boring person.. so you can guess who the kids will look for when they wants to do something fun! :P  After watching this video, I am sure you would agree with me that D is definitely young at heart!!!! :P

Before we left Science Centre, we saw that there is a sand craft session going on. Since my boys are very keen to do it. They did 1 craft each before we went home happily.   SSC is an exciting, educational yet inexpensive way to spend one whole day — or at the very least, half a day. And since we have already signed up to be member of Science Centre, so we were be definitely be popping by as frequently as we can! :)

Btw, a yearly membership for a family of  maximum of 2 Adults and 3 Children cost only $50, which I think is a very good offer.

3 comments:

  1. Wat a coincidence! I'm planning to take them to the Science Centre this weekend but was wondering if they are too young for it. Your post has been so helpful. I think we are definitely gg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched your video and I think it's so sweet to have Daddy playing with the boys like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really fun for us, I think your kids will enjoy themselves there!

    keke... I was laughing away as I watched Daddy played with them there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers