Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Homecooked Dinner 05.10.10

It been such a long long time since I last post my home cooked meal. I am still cooking.. keke… just that I am feeling so so lazy to update. :P I saw this 台湾卤肉饭 at my friend Shanice Blog… wooOOOO, her picture make me wanna try out the recipe immediately!!!

The ingredients include shallots, garlic, mushroom, belly pork and hard boiled egg. For the sauce, i used Shaoxing wine, Dark Soya sauce, Light Soya Sauce and Sugar. This dish is fairly easy to cook, just alot of chopping is required.My 台湾卤肉 is ready. It taste superb~~~ just that my version is abit dried… It is really additive, once I start eating, I just cannot stop!!!! (But I din get any fantastic comment from D, :P

5 comments:

  1. ey i think hor, if i am not wrong la, the diff btw our SG version of braised pork and taiwan braised pork is, taiwan version dun use dark soy sauce. But nevertheless urs looks good too hahaha!! haha dun be stingy neh, cut ur pork thicker laaaaaaaaaaaa ... Erm maybe mine hv to cut thicker, because alway eat for abt one week, if too think by the time the pork will LOST in all the braising liao haha ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. keke... actually I ask the meat stall uncle to slice the meat for me...so next time must ask him to slice thicker. :P

    Btw, check with you... what is soya sauce paste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can u see this picture link? This is not in any recipe list i see la, just looking for Soy paste then see it haha. It is something like Oyster sauce but then is soy sauce paste bah http://tiny.cc/957qo

    But recommended somewhere is add a tbs of peanut butter or use 壺底蔭油 type of Soy sauce. My wok is too small if not I would add more water!! Oh I use shaoxing mi jiu, I dunno if huadiao and mi jiu got diff or not, but i usually get mi jiu ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ic.. thanks for the picture link. I was shopping at Giant, but did not manage to find it.

    Actually I also got shaoxing mi jiu, but don't know the difference so I choose hua diao jiu instead.

    Btw adding a tbs of peanut butter sounds quite yucky hor.... keke...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i actually added the peanut, erm i never eat the 'never' and the 'added' version, so dun really know the diff hahaha ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers