Sunday, October 17, 2010

Javier @ 32 months

Reading: I am glad to see that he is so in love with reading now.

Social and Emotional Development: He still says he doesn’t want to go to school every morning. When I asked him why? He would still answer me ‘no need’. ????? But when we reached his school, he will happily run in himself and waved goodbye to us. ?????

Another thing surprise me is that he knows almost all his classmate name, but not his 2 teachers’ name. Hmmmm… let me wondering… did he purposely tell me the wrong teacher’s name?????

Discipline: I am still trying my best to correct his habit of shouting when he wants something from me. He tends to get frustrated very easily, when he wants something or needs my help, if I do not give him immediately or help him at once, he will scream and jump and throw his tempers.

I can still ignore him when we are at home when he throw his tantrum! But when he scream at the top of his voice outside, we become the center of attention. OH Gosh… Recently I have been surfing the net trying to get information to help me tackle this behavior. I am really at my wits end now trying to correcting this behavior.

Safety: It happens twice just recently…. he just dashed across the road without waiting for me. I run with all my might to catch him, but still not fast enough!!!! I shouted like a mad lady to get him to stop… he just ignore my shouting and kept running…..My heart nearly stopped when I saw him dashing across the road. So from now onwards, it would be stroller time for Javier when he goes out with me.

Personal Hygiene: He is now tall enough to pee standing. In the past, he need to sit on top of the toilet bowl to pee but not anymore now.. He would stand on the stool to wash his hands after he pee. 

Feeding: Things have improved alot during meal time ,although I do still face with some mini war occasionally. When he is in a good mood, he would self feed himself. And I realize that when Jayden is not at home, he is more willing to self feed himself (which is during his lunch) He is taking more vegetables now. Some of the vegetables he likes now are carrots, corn, spinach and broccoli. But he is still not very keen to eat fruits beside drinking fruit juice. 

Learning: Recently, we have resume our homeschooling. And I am glad that Javier still has a great interest when I do the lesson and activities with him.

What he knows:

He can recite more than 10 Tang Poems.

He know his alphabet A-Z (both uppercase and lowercase) and most of the sounds. Beside that he also knows… A for Alligator, Apple B for Bee,boy C for Cat, D for dog, E for elephant, egg…. L for Lion…R for Rainbow, Rocket, Rhinoceros, Rabbit……..Z for zebra….There is much more in the list which I am too lazy to list down here. :) He has taken a interest to keep chanting what alphabets stand for….. recently.

Finally, I can guarantee and confirmed he know his 1-10 very very well now. Cos he will point and tell me when he sees the numbers now. :) Phew.. So now it is time to move on to teach him 11-20.

He can use ruler to draw line now after observing Jayden.

He likes to do coloring now and would ask me to buy him coloring book when we pass by the book store.

He knows his colour well now after doing the Rainbow Theme. He knows Red, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple, Black, White.

Gross Motor Skills: My little boy is super duper in his motor skill. I guess I don’t need to bring him to any places to sharpen his skill. In fact, when we goes to the playground, he can climb up the obstacles much faster than me. :P He climb up this road steps obstacles (Pardon for my words used here.. I really have no idea what this is called)  by himself without any help from D. But I want D to follow behind him just in case *touch wood*…

Hobby: The boys have some new pets now.. it is none other than the guppies. We started rearing these guppies about 1 month ago. The guppies is so productive!!!! It have given birth to more than 30 babies!!!!

Favorite activities at the moment: Still puzzles.. in fact all sort of puzzle, watching his Leapfrog DVD and Clifford the big red dog DVD and playing a memory game board game.

Favorite Characters: SpongeBob Squarepants. Be it clothes, stickers, story book or show.. He like it!!!That’s all for now which I can think of… :P Sometimes memory seems to be failing me…I keep forgetting this and that!!!

2 comments:

  1. Are you more patient with Jayden than Javier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I treat them almost the same. But Jayden tends to stretch my limit to the max when I am coaching him in his studies. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers