Saturday, October 2, 2010

Books that Jayden read – September

These are some of the books that Jayden read for this month, I couldn’t recall some other titles which he read as I have already return the books to the library. :( (That’s the problem when I keep delaying the updating of this post~ :P)

Curious George Goes Fishing by H.A.Rey

Fish is Fish by Leo LionniThis is one of my favourite author. Probably due to my influence, Jayden also likes the books by this author.

FISH IS FISH is a delightful book and the illustrations are beautiful. Two young "fish" are friends. One fish stays a fish; the other turns out to be a tadpole. The real fish refuses to believe that his friend is changing, ultimately to a frog. After frog goes up on land, he tells many great stories about what he has seen on earth! When fish jumps onto land to explore, he almost dies and luckily frog saves him. In the end, both fish and tadpole are happy with their own unique worlds. Fish tells tadpole: "You were right ... Fish is fish." This story is so simply and wonderfully symbolic of how friends can remain friends, even when they change as they grow up.

Mr Christmas by Roger Hargreaves Jayden loves the Mr Men series as I have mentioned in my earlier post. His interest seems to be still quite strong although I thought that he would give up reading after encounting so many “new words” and the lengthy story plot. I guess many kids likes these books, mainly due to the funny characters and funny storyline.

After reading these book, he even name us as the characters! He is Mr Tall, Javier is Mr Funny and Me as Mrs Clever (haha.. maybe I coach him in his studies, thus he thinks I am clever bah… keke..) wohoho….

Beside reading these books---- for the past 2 months, I have also been getting books from the series of “我会读”from the library to let him practice his Chinese reading skill. I can really see the improvement in his Chinese word recognition since he attended Berries Class. Currently, he have read these title: 小猫釣鱼,小乌鸦,蚂蚁吃虫子and 妹妹游公园.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers