Thursday, October 7, 2010

Books that Javier read - September

With my continuous effort to read to Javier, I am glad to see results now. He is almost back to ‘his love for reading books’ now. My boys love going to the library, as they can choose the books that they want to borrow. Among the books which I have borrowed, currently his love are these 3 books.

2 of the books are from the author Ruth Krauss. I like these books for its simplicity. The story is short as the words used to write the story, and will help children learn to read. After reading these books for almost 1 month, Javier is able to read by memory. I don’t think he can recognize the word yet, thus I feel that he is able to read it by looking at the pictures and memorizing the words which I have repeatedly read.

The Happy Egg by Ruth Krauss

The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss"The Carrot Seed" tells the story of a little boy who plants a carrot seed, then waits patiently for it to grow. Everyday he cares and tends to it; and every day the adults around him shake their head and tell him it will not grow, until one day, to the adults amazement…. it does! This book is a wonderful portrayal of perseverance and faith…. perhaps Javier is still too young to understand.

Actually these 2 books not only appeal to Javier, but Jayden also loves it to bit. They will want me to read it to them every night.

Clip Clop by Nicola SmeeAs for clip clop, Javier likes this book so much! We borrowed this book few months ago during our Homeschooling letter H. And recently, he ask me to go to the library to borrow “clip Clop” for him. We will read this book together now, and I think he have already memorized part of the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers