Thursday, July 1, 2010

Trial Lesson at Berries Chinese Class

Actually I did not have any plan to send him to any Chinese enrichment class before I started to teach him Chinese at home. But after having lesson with him to coach him in Chinese, I really feel like giving up. Our progress is quite slow and I don't really knows how to go about teaching him. I feel that Chinese should be a very fun subject for him to learn and not just forcing him to keep writing Chinese characters and just recognising the words. (This is precisely what I am doing with him now! :(  After hearing rave comments from some mummy about Berries Chinese Class, I decided to give it a try.

Jayden went for his trial lesson today. So while Jayden went for his lesson, me and another mummy chatted with this friendly lady in-charge. She brief us on the course detail and show us the teaching materials. I think the materials look interesting to me! and when I peeped into the side window on the door, I saw Jayden looked so engrossed in the lesson, and saliva was almost dripping from his mouth. :)

After the lesson, I have a short talk with the teacher about Jayden progress. She mentions that Jayden Chinese standard is quite good and can recognise many simple characters, but need to practice on his writing. He is also very attentive in class.

So when I asked Jayden whether he likes to attend this Chinese class, he was very quick to reply me "YES". And coincidentally, one of his classmate is also in the same class. So I am quite confirmed that I would sending him to the Berries Chinese Class since he enjoys it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers