Thursday, July 15, 2010

Berries Chinese Class

Jayden started his first chinese lesson at Berries last Thursday. I managed to peeped into the classroom through the small glass panel at the door during his lesson time. The lesson looks interesting to me and I can see that Jayden is enjoying it very much. There is a total of 11 students in his class with 2 teachers, which I feel is a comfortable ratio. (No chance of Jayden daydreaming in the class. :)

For the learning materials, instead of giving out worksheet to the students every week. The school have a textbook and the workbook for them. I flipped through the textbook, and I like the content inside the book. For this lesson, the theme is Road Safety.. and the teacher will discuss about the many scenarios related to it. I was really surprise that that Jayden is able to read the short story about the Road Safety after the lesson and he loves reading it. Maybe at this stage, he memories the story instead of really recognising all the chinese characters. But as what the teacher mentions, as he practices often, soon he will be able to recognise the characters through his daily reading.

2 comments:

  1. keep me update about the berries class, if good, i will recommend to my sil, let Tara attend the class. Currently she is attending music class and eng class at sun plaza, but i feel that should sign her up for chinese class..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can ask your sil to bring Tara for a trial and see whether she enjoys the lesson or not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers