Sunday, July 18, 2010

Singapore Garden Festival 2010

Today is really a wet wet day!!! It was raining from morning till …. (don’t know when will it stop.. there is still small drizzle now) All our plan to head for outdoor activities was held back because of this rain.

Our initial plan for today is first to Sentosa for water and sand playing follow by a short trip to the zoo. (both of this places are requested by the boys). But since it rain, we got to change our plan… so either to Science Centre or the Singapore Garden show at Suntec Convention Hall…. Actually Jayden favor over Science centre, but I was thinking that the Garden show would end next Thursday, so if we did not go today, we would missed it!!!! So finally we decided to head to Suntec for the Garden show and if the weather permit, we might drop by at Sentosa for some playtime too.

When we reached suntec, it was already 12plus, so we decided to have our lunch before we head for the Garden show. It was quite crowded at Suntec…. might be due to the Garden show. I was feeling very excited looking forward to the flowers awaiting us!!!While we wait for daddy to get the tickets, I asked my boys to pose for me to take some pictures. But Javier was rather uncooperative today, he refuse to stand still and take pictures. He prefer to run around playing hide and seek with us.

The Garden show is on level 4 & 6. We took 3 hours to complete the whole exhibits. But I still feel that we left out part as my boys were busy running around the place. So I cannot really concentrate on the flower looking and picture taking. Such a cute picture of the 3 man in my family. Seems like do-re-mi … :)Jayden was so excited to see the huge bugs, that he kept telling me to take pictures of him with the bugs.These are some of the flowers and exhibits outside the exhibition hall. The place is so nice with so many beautiful orchids.The 2 monkeys fooling around when they saw a bench and decide to take a rest on it. Inside the hall, we split into 2 groups.. that is Javier follow daddy and Jayden follow me. Reason being that Javier and Daddy is not a huge fans of flowers, so they would make a great pair together for this garden show.Jayden was hardworking today.. keep posing for me to take pictures of him. :)

The show on level 4 is Orchid Show where it showcase Southeast Asia's rich and diverse heritage of orchids. A dazzling display of the most diverse botanical family. I was really captivated by the vast display of the orchids. Over at one of the orchid section, there is a microscope for us to see the specimen of a plant place underneath it. Jayden was very excited, as this was his first time using it.. a great experience for him. The boys saw a group of kids doing some batik painting and was so intrigued by it and they stood there watching for a good 10 mins. So I asked Jayden whether he wants to try doing it. And his response was a  quick ‘yes’.

So we spend 10 bucks to buy the materials needed to do the batik painting. Firstly, a cloth was laid over a printed paper of a orchid picture, so Jayden trace the outline of the picture onto cloth.Poor didi… he did not have a chance to do it as we feel that he is too young for it. But he was looking eagerly at Jayden when he trace the outline. After finished tracing the outline, we took this cloth to the waxing section for the man to wax the outline for us. This step is not suitable for young kids as the the wax oil is very very hot. As Javier sat there looking at the man waxing the cloth, many a times he pushed the tables and give us quite a scare.. until Daddy got to carry him away.Finally, it is time to give the cloth some colours!!!! I did ask Jayden to let me try painting it, I find it quite fun and easy to do. The finished work is very very nice… not bad right for a first timer!!! :) We got kind lady to take a picture for us. ‘cheezeeeee” :)

Next we proceed to level 6 where we can see the “Landscape and Fantasy Garden”. Level 6 is really amazing featuring spectacular creations by local designers and top award-winning designers from renowned garden shows around the world.This is the 1st stop we went “Web of 13 million”. The students from 3 schools togather with the Christians Outreach of the handicapped turned the recycled bottles into lovely chandeliers resembling stars dancing in the night skies. This is so nice, I was really dazzled by it….   A close up view of the plastic chandeliers. We took some picture outside the Web of 13 million. My boys were using their legs to dig the sands while I was taking picture of them. :(

Taking a Leaf…..that is refreshing a “back to basics” lifestyles kelabit people and witness how they blend home, garden and farm into a picturesque habitat. More photos of very nice flowers we saw along the way. I personally like this display alot. The bright red vibrant colors of the flowers with the unique presentation. This pose seeming to ask me” want to fight with me????” :) A lady staff saw me struggling with the camera trying to self take a picture of the 3 of us and offered to help me a take pictures of us. :) Such a demure Javier sitting down for me to take a decent shot of him. … the 1st nice photo of him for today.Just for the fun of it. I saw many mirrors along one stretch of exhibits and decide to take one picture of our reflection… I saw this very unique plant with curly leaves.

After walking for 3 hours, we finally finished touring the whole garden show. That was really tired!!!!.

My boys saw these beautiful umbrellas for sales and was quick to go forward and “kaypo” and played wit it.What a special way to display the umbrellas.. dangling from the roof top which I find it very nice… so I took a picture of it. My 2 monkeys up to their mischief again.. People were already staring at them and yet they pretend not to take no notice until I got to drag them away. :(

This display is make of paper. Javier was so in love with it, he dashed back and forth to play with it. The photo which I took did not do any justice to the real “things” which I see. This landscape is very very nice!!!! The blue stones on the floor seems to be sparkling in the dark.

The Norturnal Garden was created to capture the essence of cruelty within beauty as its natural beauty has an underlying edge of danger and suspense. (sound very chim..hor??)We popped by at MacDonald at Marinal Square for a quick snack as we were really tired and hungry  from all the walking. My boys enjoying their nuggets, me and Daddy also enjoying lah! :)

It is truly an eye opener for us. If you are a really a flower lover, do not miss this show! It is definitely worth the time and effort to go down and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers