Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Super tough week

The past 1 week was a really difficult one for us. Last Wednesday, Javier suddenly developed a very high fever of 39.9 degree in the middle of the night when he awoken a told me he got a tummy ache. When I was massaging his tummy, I noticed extreme hotness and quickly take his temperature, and was shock to discover he was running such high fever. So I give him Brufen to bring down the temperature, but he was the least cooperative, he was shouting, hiding from me and covering his mouth, and just refuse to take it. Finally with the help of D, we managed to feed him. Sad smile

The next day I brought him to see the doctor, as his temperature is still very high after taking the medicine.  He was in such a sorry state with the constant tearing, mucus flowing down and drooling, it really pained us to see him like that. 

He was like a mini volcano in the house, waiting to erupt any moment. Beside me, no one can talk or touch him. If anyone attempt to talk to him, he will ‘bark’ at that person and shouting, kicking and stomping his feet would follow. So I told D and Jayden not to ‘provoke’ him unnecessary. When I ask my mom to come over to my place on Friday, he was also quite hostile towards her also. Sad smile

His temperature remains very high on Thursday and Friday, flaunting from 38.8 to 39.9 degree. It really scare me and I can’t sleep well for these night, sponging him when his temperature goes very high. Javier also cannot sleep well, as he would wait up screaming or throwing his temperature in the middle of the night.

I am glad to see that he has recovered, although he is still mischievous and cranky at times…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers