Sunday, February 20, 2011

Homeschooling Week 31st and 32nd

This is a long overdue post on our “Good Night Gorilla'” Lapbook activity. The reason I did this lapbook with Javier is that he loves this book so much. Although this is a simple story with few words, but it has great room for discussion. 

 
This is a video on 'Good Night Gorilla’, but Javier wasn’t very keen to watch it. He still prefer me to read the book to him.

We read a poem on zoo, after that I let Javier paste the cut out animals on the animals.

Learning Letter Z:
1) Dot a Dot   
2) Letter Z hunt

3) Letter Z tracing

4) Z is for Zebra sticker pasting activity

We learnt about the different things that start with Z

After which he played with the zip and tried to button the jeans.

And lastly he decided to wear D jeans and hopped around the house. ;P

Learning and Matching Colour:
In order to open up the coloured cage to reveal the animal inside, I got Javier to match the respective coloured key to the cage, although it is a very simple and easy activity, he had a great time finding the different animals in the cage.       

   
Puzzle:
A simple zebra puzzle.
    

Animals Classification:
We discussed and classified the animals found in the Good night Gorilla’s zoo.

We grouped animals into:
1) animals with fur and without fur,
2) tallest animals,
3) smallest animal,
4) largest animal,
5) animals with spot,
6) large animals,
7) small animals.

     
Fine Motor Skill
1) Using Chopsticks to pick up cereals.
  
2) Tracing line
 
Crafts:
1) We did some animals stamping.

Then I would sound out the animals, and Javier would tell me the beginning consonants of the animals.

2)  Colouring the zoo picture

3) Colouring the animals I would then cut out all the  individual animals and let Javier paste on the construction paper.

Finally I would get Javier to draw vertical lines on the paper to make it looks like the animals are inside the cage. Besides that we also cut stripes of paper to paste on the construction paper to make it look like cage also.

I got most of my printablea from here.

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting activities and alot of effort on your part to prepare all the materials. May I know where you get the animal stamps from? They look nice and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choon Yen,

    The link doesn't seem to working for now. Do you still have the soft copy for Animals Classification? If yes, could you send me the copy?

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, can send me the file fr home sch share? very interesting activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflower/ littlekaikai,

    Is the link working now? Do you still need me to email you the soft copy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ing,

    I bought the animals stamps from a shop in Novena Square. The shops mostly sells lapbooking stuffs. Do you need the address? I can check it out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can email me the file, the link is not working.,.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Littlekaikai and sunflower,

    I have send you the softcopy for goodnight gorilla lapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi JJ Mummy.....
    i got you link from sunflower. May i know the shop name that you bought the animals stamp, in novena square?

    thank you v much:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anonymous,

    Thanks for popping by my blog.
    The shop which I bought the animal stamp is Junior De Artist at Novena Square Shopping mall at #03-22

    Btw this is their website.. http://www.juniordeartist.com.sg/index.htm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers