Thursday, July 25, 2013

What’s for Dinner? 24 July 2013

Today Dinner consists of fried egg with fishball, Chicken & Tea mushroom soup, pan fried black pomfret and Stir-Fry Potatoes with carrot & Minced pork. Seems a tad too much for just the 3 of us! (oops)

I try to put down my recipe here but as I have mentioned before I am not really that great a cook. I just trial and error or get idea from the many wonderful cooking blog for my cooking and what I do share here is dishes I find that its still edible and taste not bad. ^^


Stir-Fry Potatoes with Carrots & Minced Pork

Ingredients used:
- Slice Potatoes (for me I used 2 medium potatoes)
- Carrots cut into cube
- Garlic (chopped finely)
- Minced Pork (I marinated with light soya sauce and corn flour)
- Dark Soya Sauce and Light Soya Sauce

Method:
1. Heat oil in pan. Add minced garlic and stir fry until fragrant.
2. Add in marinated minced pork. Stir fry pork until semi-cooked, breaking the meat to smaller bits as you fry.
3. Add potato slices and stir fry for two minutes. Add light soy sauces, dark soya sauce and water. Stir to coat everything evenly in the sauce, then cover with lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add water any time if the simmering sauce runs dry.

When I pan fried my fish, I always coat the fish with flour so that it the fish will be crispy after fried.

Chicken & Tea Mushroom Soup

Ingredients used:
- Tea Mushroom,
- 3 pcs of dried scallop,
- half small kampong chicken and a
- pinch of salt for taste.

Method:
1. Pour the soaked water for the mushroom with the mushroom into a pot (add more water if it is not enough) with the 3 dried scallop.
2. Boiled it for 30 minutes.
3. Add in the chicken pieces and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
4. Lastly, add salt for taste

 That’s all for tonight! ^^ 

4 comments:

  1. Tea mushroom very nice de I will use it to cook with othe mushroom. Is a nice 素 dish..they call it 茶菇。haha direct translation.
    I is silly remove the chicken skin before cook an use kampong chicken.
    Oh, I think I cooked the same dishers two days ago, mince pork potato carrot and fry fish
    Usually I will use those potato carrot from my soup to cook with mince pork so that those 汤料 won't wasted . Although they will eat those soup ingredient.. But cook with mince pork can "fully utilise ' it.. Haha
    Lucas mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really very nice, though I soaked for 3hrs, it is still chewy while I bite into it, not soft and lumpy at all.

      Your kids still eat the ingredients, that's good. Maybe I don't eat, so my kids follow me, also don't! :P So wasteful right!

      Delete
  2. I mean I usually remove the skin... Using handsome to post comment really many mistake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since they didn't eat the ingredients, then you can try use it to cook with mince pork, better than throwaway..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers