Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy Racial Harmony Day!!! (^0^)

In conjunction to Racial Harmony Day today, I make a HRD related Bento for little boy. As usual, he is always happy and looking forward to the Bento that I prepared for him.

It was a simple Bento, which I got the idea from here. but as I have mentioned earlier, I hate decorating with seaweed as my seaweed cutting skill sucks. (oops) but other than that, it was a pretty easy one.

Bento Consists of Ham Mayo Sandwich, with cheese/Ham/Seaweed for the 3 major races (Chinese, Malay and Indian), I had wanted to do 4, but due to the space constraint, I left out the Eurasian :( dairy milk chocolate and apples cubes.

Little boy school theme for this year Racial Harmony Day celebration is “We are One in the bond of Love”, where they will be focusing on the learning about the culture of their Indian friends. The kids will be taught Indian Dance by one of the Indian Parent and not only that they get to try out an Indian Snack “Puttu Mayam” too (I am not too sure what is it, but I goggle and managed to find out it’s actually this snack.


So I ask him whether it taste nice or not. The funny boy answered me that it taste funny, and he nearly vomit after eating it, but he did finished it. (laughing) Big boy celebrated in school too, engaging in various activities and watching performance by the upper Primary children. 

They told me that they really enjoyed celebrating Racial Harmony Day with their teachers and schoolmates. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers