Friday, July 5, 2013

Guangzhou Trip 24~28 June 2013 (Day 02)

It was not a superb weather to start the day with.. with grey grey sky and rain. (I was praying in my heart that the rain would stop later) We need to woke up early as D need to be in the office early.  I hate to eat alone so I would rather wake up early too and dine with D instead. When we reach the restaurant, it was still early with only a few diners. 

Sweet white roses on the table.

I scrambled over to the Dim Sum section to check out the food and decided to try the few special looking one and also the Siew Mia (always one of my favourite food).
 

The pastry Section – looks really delicious.
.

.

.

 

The fruits and cold dish section
.

.

.

13

What really interest me is this section! I love having piping hot porridge in the early morning, and so many toppings to add into my porridge. ^^
The “You Tiao” here certainly taste different from Singapore Version, hmmm it taste much more like  Singapore version “咸炸饼-“ham chee peng”. I wasn’t use to the taste, thus I only take 2 bites and it was cast aside. ;P


Juice and Yogurt Section
.

.

.


The main course was totally forgotten by me. I did not check out what are the food served and oops so no picture for it!
 
Btw, these are my yummy breakfast.
22Ok, verdict after trying these 3 kuehs are…. I don’t like it at all. It is  just my personal opinion that I don’t find it nice, D certainly think the purple and black one taste wonderful.

The purple one has yam filings and the black one is glutinous rice.

It was still early after I finished my buffet breakfast, left alone to roam by myself. I just take a leisure stroll back to my room and not forgetting to snap some nice decorations or plants along the way. It seems kinda weird snapping here and there all by myself.


I only went out to shop at around 11 which I assumed most of the shops should be open for business by then. I continued my shopping at the 体育西路 Metro station mall.

Along the way in the mall, I saw this really interesting room with countless of post-it note stick on it. It’s seem to have wishes written on it and then paste on the wall.

I remember there was one really interesting shop that sells really cheap clothes like S$5 for shirt/Tee or S$8 for dress. But being cheap, of course there are rules to be followed in the shop. Customers are not supposed to take out the clothes from the rack and see, so after going through the clothes in the shop, we just tell the staffs which are the one we want and they will find a brand new piece for us and then we pay. If you happen to take down the clothes, the staffs will shout across the room and tell you to hang it back (of course politely)! 

There is a risk in buying in this shop because you cannot even take it to measure against yourself (to check the length) or look in the mirror to decide whether it suits or not. Thus I only get tee from this shop and nothing else. And if I remember correctly, below is the picture of the interesting shop that I had just mentioned.


Some really cheap buy here with really friendly and helpful staff.

After shopping for close to 3 hours, I decided it’s time to stop since the loots are getting more and more heavy. I went back to TeeMall for my lunch as I have wanted to try out “
真功夫 aka Real Kungfu where I saw it there. It’s a very popular Chinese fast food chain in China, it is so popular, you can see them everywhere in Guangzhou.

If you are craving for a Chinese meal of Rice, this is definitely the place to dine. And oops, don’t you find their branding icon does bear resemblance to a very influential Martial Artist…. Bruce Lee? ^^


I ordered a 酸菜卤肉饭, the meal set consists of steamed rice that they promotes as a healthy diet, lettuce, carrot soup(nice) and Pepsi. The food quality was great. Everything was hot and fresh and tasted very good. It was so yummy that I make up my mind to have it again for lunch tomorrow.

42

Went back to the hotel to sort out my loots after my lunch and of course to charge up for the night. As you can see, these are the stuffs that I got from my 3hrs shopping! ^^ Actually I feel kinda embarrassed when I stepped into shops selling normal size clothes, I feel so fat and kept wondering; will the sales staff think ‘what is this fat lady doing in this shop?’ If not for my current status, I think my loots would be even more ‘overwhelming’. haha..(^__^)

35My cutie bag, fell in love with it when I first laid eyes on it! Simply too cute, looks so much like magnet all over the bags.

Cheap tee at $5 per piece.

Accessories!

We had our dinner across the street from our hotel, we have absolutely no idea how is the food there, just a random choice of ours. But I’m glad that the food served is delicious, although it does looks abit different from the picture on the menu.

47

The dishes we ordered
.

.

.

This is a interesting dish. When I ordered this, I was just plainly thinking that it is fried chicken cubes. When we try it out, it is very chewy and seems like we are biting onto soft bone. Of course, I had wanted to check with waitress what actually is this dish but seeing that they are quite busy, I dismiss the idea. I goggled about this dish when I went back, as it turn out I am almost correct. It’s actually “炸脆骨”or aka Fried chicken gristle.  Pretty special dish, but not everyone would like it.


48I realised that the version of GZ ice milk tea is putting the bottle of milk tea in a bucket of ice!

Another good way to see Guangzhou is by the river. We choose a 45 minutes cruise with free tea and return transport to the pier. I forgot how much I paid for the tickets but it is not expensive. Things can be chaotic there, with so many different type of cruise to choose from. When we reached there, it is almost time for boarding the cruise, so we just see and book without exploring the options available. The  wide selection on the different type of cruise;

- different company operating the cruise,
- different duration of the tour,
- some of the more expensive cruise includes dinner too

Here are some information about the schedule of the river night cruise from this
website, do at least check out the timing before you pop over there.

Pearl River Night Cruise(夜游珠江); The 3 piers where you can board the night cruise are Tianzi Pier (天字码头), Xiti Pier (西堤码头) and Dashatou (大沙头码头). It is the third longest river, measures 2,129 meters in length. The Guangzhou section of the river is where Guangzhou's most scenic spots are located. Many famous sights are clustered along the river. The evening cruise on the Pearl River is one of the tourist highlights in Guangzhou.

This is the cruise that we would be taking.

5962Inside the cruise on the ground floor where we can sit and relax in a air-con room while viewing the beautiful scenery. Free tea is served!
 
 
If you want to take pictures, it would be recommended that you go to the 2nd floor.
One thing that most people( including me) wants to see during this Pearl river night cruise is Canton Tower! Thus you can see many people busy snapping pictures when the Canton tower comes into view. It is the tallest freestanding structure in China.It was truly a great experience for us tonight! Do try out the night cruise if you are in Guangzhou. ^^

By the time our cruise ends, it was already close to 10pm thus we hailed a cab back to our hotel.

We alighted at TeeMall ,and saw that along the road was still bustling with activities. The whole stretch of lane are filled with street hawkers selling their goods of great variety like clothes, bags, stationary, lady accessories etc at a really low price…. if not for D’s tired look, I sure will be starting my shopping there and then. But we did bought something though, sweet and sour cherry (to be frank, actually more sour)

At this point of blogging, my eyelids are as heavy as lead. (-_-). I'm going to find my beloved bed now. Enjoy the pictures! Zzz.

That’s all for my Day 02! Stay tune for Day 03.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers