Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Guangzhou Trip 24~28 June 2012 (Day 03) Guangzhou Book Center

Basically today is going to be a day of books and food for me. That’s because I would be going to one of the biggest book center in Guangzhou. That is to say that place offers a huge variety of books, thus I am planning to soak myself in the sea of books for at least half a day there. I love books, be it shopping for myself or the boys.

The entrance to the seven storey high building which contains books, books and more books!!! I was so busy browsing through the books and sourcing books for myself and the boys that I completely never take any pictures in there. ;P But let’s say I am a very happy customer at the end of the trip.

In case you feel tired or thirsty, there is this café; 猫屎咖啡 which serve really nice coffee. Although the name certainly doesn’t sound vey glamorous (cat poop café). Initially I had wanted to get a drink and rest my legs at KFC, but it was so crowded so I changed my mind and decided to give this place a try. Upon stepping inside the café, I really like it a lot, because it is not so crowded and it was all peacefulness with just a few customers.


After looking through the menu, I settled on the Vietnamese Ice Coffee. Actually I am totally not a coffee person. In my whole life, the number of cups of coffee that I have had is countable using my ten fingers. But I just had a sudden craving for it that day which promoted me to go for it.

After the coffee was served, I have to patiently wait for the the brewing time to end before I can enjoyed my coffee.
The brew starts off slowly. Notice the white stuff at the bottom, that’s the condensed milk. So after the brew is completed, I just need to stir the coffee vigorously with the condensed milk, then finally pour into the glass of ice. And …... Tada its ready!

The taste is bitter sweet which I personally feel its not bad. I mentioned earlier that I doesn’t drink much coffee or like it that much, so I am not any expert when it comes to commenting the goodness of one. But I really do like this coffee which I had today a lot.

And oh by the way, this café is accessible through the Guangzhou book centre, the entrance through the book center is pretty near to the cashier section.


Later on, I did have my lunch at KFC after all when it is not so crowded.

And follow by a dessert at 许留山 at TeeMall before I made my way back to the hotel.
So these are the books that I bought today. It’s was really heavy to haul all these back to the hotel but it was really worth it. D was commenting that he really takes his hat off me!!! haha.. ^^


D got back quite late today and certainly feels very tired. So we decided to just have dinner and back to hotel for our rest. We had our dinner at 稻香 where we had our Dim sum on our Day 1. It was a good choice that we made, the dinner was wonderful and delicious, just that the waiting time tend to be quite long as the restaurant was full house!


Had my cherry dessert and enjoying the show on TV when back in hotel. It’s so heavenly and relaxing!!!!! ^^ So That’s my Day 03!

Guangzhou Book Center Add:
Add: No. 123 Tianhe Rd, Guangzhou, China (广州购书中心地址:天河路123号)
Tel: 020-3886 4208, 3886 4808

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers