Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Guangzhou Trip (Day 04)~ Shangxiajiulu Pedestrian Street 上下九路商业步行街

We had our lunch at Real Kungfu again, mainly because I really miss the 酸菜鲁肉饭. Though it is the second time that I eat it, I still find it so yummy and fulfilling. As I am typing this post, I realised I really miss this food so much. (I think I need to find the recipe and try to make one for myself soon.)

D had the fried bee hoon which tasted quite normal. I ordered the boiled milk dessert, having heard that it is quite a popular dish in Guangzhou. But I guessed I try this dessert in the wrong place.


After our meal, we had originally wanted to take a cab but it turn out none of the cab wanted to drive us to our destination, so we checked with the locals and found out that the place is accessible by bus or MTR. So ended up we took a MTR instead.  Although it was only 3plus in the afternoon, the train station seems to be jammed with commuters.


Our destination is 长寿路, which is just 8 stations away. I was getting pretty excited, as I am going to one of Guangzhou busiest shopping streets. If you take MTR, just stop at Changshou Lu station and take exit D or A. From there, just keep walking straight and follow the road, and your shopping spree begins!


This shop is just opposite the MTR exit, and it is also the first place that I shopped. I bought some kids pants here for a really cheap price, I really regretted not getting more, thinking that I could get a better deal or design as I walked along which I did not.

Do you see the picture below??? Yes… we have reached Shang-Xia Jiu Road (上下九路). It is one of Guangzhou busiest shopping streets. The shopping center is over 1200 meters with more than 300 stores. It was reinstated by the state Department of Commerce as the first commercial pedestrian street.

Shang Xia Jiu street view.

As we stroll along, we saw Nan Xin Niu Nai(南信牛奶).  It’s a very popular dessert house with the local or tourists and I was goggling information for this Guangzhou trip when I chanced upon this place. I did not specially take note of the place or location. It’s just happen that I passed by here while shopping, so we just walk in for a rest and of course have our dessert.


The menu is on the board mounted on the wall for us to have a easy and quick view. But this is only partial of the items shown. There is another menu where you can refer which has the full list of food items available in this shop.

 
NanXin's double-layer steamed milk(双皮奶) is a very popular dish with many, but since I already try one in Real Kungfu just now, I decided to give it a miss and ordered Mango dessert for myself and sea coconut dessert for D.

We continued our shopping and saw a really huge ice cream and couldn’t resist taking a picture with it.

Along the Shangxiajiu street are scattered bronze statues of various shapes and themes. Here are some of them:


It is said that Guangzhou Restaurant is a place that you wouldn’t want to miss  if you are in Guangzhou. I am not sure how true it is since I never tried the food before. Perhaps if I do go to Guangzhou again, I would definitely give this place a try. 21
I bought most of my loots in the shops located in this basement. It was much cooler here with the air-con and I can shop without sweat and furthermore it is not so crowded.


While I shopped, I told D to take a rest here instead of following me and keep peeping at me from one corner. (laughing) It’s a win-win situation for us since he can rest his legs and I can shop with ease and buy till my heart content without anyone “monitoring me".


I have heard that  you can bargain the price while shopping in the shops in ShangXiaJiuLu, but I choose not to because the price is already quite cheap (considering that the quality is quite good) and I think its quite scary having to argue with people over the price and cause unpleasantness and worse still end up saying $%@#. ;P

Ok… Tada!!!!! These are my loots after shopping for just 3hrs!!!!

Frankly, ShangXiaJiuLu is so huge, I didn’t have the energy to complete shopping here, I think it will take 2 days if you really wanna to shop the whole area.

It is an ideal place for anyone who like to spend hours hunting for items with good deals. This is a place not to miss out.  Not only that, over here is a perfect combination of shopping, food and entertainment. I myself would like to shop here again!!!! (wink)

After my shopping here, I would be popping over to the Canton Tower. Stay tune for my next post on Canton Tower! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers