Monday, July 15, 2013

Homecooked Dinner 15 July 2013


Our homecooked dinner for tonight. Nothing fanciful and its simple to prepare. Frankly I am a not a really good cook who can whipped up fantastic dishes. But I am glad that D and the boys likes my cooking especially D who is totally not fussy when it comes to food. He is those type I cooked what he eats what!!!! ^^

But of course, compared to 7 years ago when I just became a SAHM, my cooking skill has definitely improved. Frankly, the dishes I cooked then is really oops…terrible~~~~ (laughing). When preparing meal for my family, It’s always wonderful to hear good comments. I was delighted that my boys commented that my fried rice is yummy as compared to what they had eaten elsewhere.

My Vegetables of LOVE; did you see the heart shaped carrot? (^0^)

I like to exchange cooking tips with my neighbors and try out new cooking method. This is one which I tried today, the fish was pan-fried (ok… nothing special), for the sauce I tried something new which I seldom did.

Method for sauce:
- Heat up wok with oil, sauté the chopped onion
- Next add in the mixture (consisting of Light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, a pinch of salt, sugar and water)
- I add a little of corn flour to thicken the sauce.

Lastly, poured the warm sauce over the pan-fried fish and enjoy. 

This is one of the dish that I can cooked very well, thanks to the tips from my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers