Monday, July 29, 2013

Ngee Fou Restaurant (Hakka) Ampang Yong Tou Fou

Ngee Fou Ampang Yong Tau Foo is a family-run business. From what I remembered, this place has been around for a very long time. The first time when I dine here was even before I know my hubby which was more than 20 years ago! It’s location is definitely ulu, but it’s name has surely spread, whenever I was there, it is normally packed with makan-er. But sad to say, I have not visited this place for so many years, I really miss the Yong Tau Foo here. By the way, there is is another shop further down the row in green signboard which also reads Ampang Yong Tau Foo, but I’m not sure which is better. But we decided on Ngee Fou instead of the other shop is because we had dine here countless of time and it had never disappoint me and what’s more, there seems to be much more people dinning here. ^^ But do take note that  because parking is so limited there, it's best to hit there before the peak dining hour, if not you would have a big headache trying to find a parking space.

For food, we don't get to choose the which items we want as they will serve according to the number of people. This is the platter of mixed Ampang Yong Tau Foo as what you can seen on the above picture which serves 2. Beneath the pile of poached kangkong and fried dumplings are fish balls, fried tofu, fried beancurd with fish paste stuffed inside, bitter gourd, eggplant, lady’s fingers, silken tofu laden generously with the starchy, tasty braised sauce which goes very well with the rice.

Beside Yong Tau Foo, there's also chicken rice, duck rice, char siew rice, roast pork rice and dumpling soup. My boys weren’t too keen on the Yong Tau Foo, so we ordered some roasted chicken with char siew for them. The roasted chicken and char siew also tasted quite good too!
We were busy digging into our food, well except for little boy who refused to feed himself. He has been like that since I came back from my GZ trip. He demanded me to feed him for most of his meal….Arrg……

Just looked at the empty plates!!! It does explained all right! (laughing)
There is a signboard above us which clearly shown that this place is highly recommended by various media and foodies.

Ngee Fou Restaurant (Hakka) Ampang Yong Tau Foo
928 Upper Thomson Road
Tel: 6452 1801
Open daily from 9.30am to 7.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers