Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Cook and Makan Date

It was a last minute decision to meet up for a Cook and Makan session at my neighbor's place today. Hastily, deciding to cook 面粉粿 for our lunch today, I started to prepare the dough, while HaiYun aka my neighbor started preparing the soup base and Xiu Yan went marketing to buy the ingredients.

The 3 of us finally managed to whip up the meal for the 8 of us after 1hr plus. It wasn’t a sumptuous meal but I like this simple, light lunch meal, and most of all we had a fun time cooking togather and gossiping at the same time.

 

This is the dough which I prepared, it certainly does not look nice with the lumpy outlook.


This is our spicy, sour sauce to go with the 面粉粿, and our fishcake side dish which Javier and Bing Heng like alot.
 
 
And of course, this is the hardwork of the 3 of us!!!!   …. Just kidding… it wasn’t any hardwork at all, it was real simple to cook.


Time to dig in….

 
It was a joy to cook with my friends, I think my boys were also hoping that I would come over to cook with HaiYun more often, that would give them a good excuse to come over to play with their friends. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers