Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Typical Day for us

Besides doing homeschooling with my boys, we would engage in playing educational toys, puzzles, reading books or they would just play with their toy animal Figurine or Ben 10 Toys . Recently Javier has develop a interest to watch Leapfrog Letter Factory, during his free time, he would request me to let him watch it. Javier learnt alot of the letters and the letter sound from watching this DVD. I try to limit the boys' TV time and would only let them watch the shows during their meal time.

I bought a boggle set for Jayden since last year, but after playing once, it just sits on the shelf collecting dust. :) Until today I took it out again and decide to put it to good use. I think this is a good game to teach the kid spelling. I randomly choose a stack of cards and slot into the compartment and cover up the words using the movable flap. Applying his phonics skill, Jayden would have to spell out the words.  3 letters words is not a problem for him, but when it comes to 4 letters words, he need some assistance from me. For example... Road: he spells it as R-O-D and left out the A.  
For Javier,the activity he enjoys most now are PUZZLES!!!! If he is not watching his Leapfrog DVD or reading story book, he would definitely be playing with the puzzles.
Just last week, he was still engross with playing with his underwater animals puzzle, but since yesterday he started to take out this fruits puzzle to play.
He likes this alphabets puzzles too, he can put in almost all of the letters himself and name the pictures underneath. For the things that he is interested in, he can remember it after we teach him once..but vice verse, for the stuffs that he absolutely have no interest, no matter how many times I teach him, it just will not goes into his head!!!!

For example colours... although I have gone through so many times with him, he doesn't seem to recognise it. When I ask him, he will anyhow "Ti Gam" and choose until he got the correct colour. :(
I bought this wooden game set a few months ago. But I guessed it seems to be abit too simple for Javier age. He get bored after playing once, however he decided to play with it today.

Maybe I ought to arrange some outdoor activities for them. It seems to get abit bored having to stay at home all the time. But thinking of the challenge to bring the 2 monkeys out alone makes me think twice. :(

3 comments:

  1. hahaha get hubby to take train to work, then u can drive them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know where you want to go, we can go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ee: unfortunately I got no driving license wor!:(

    Sunflower: Next week? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers