Sunday, June 20, 2010

To Daddy.....

Today is Father's Day, so I would like to take this opportunity to SAY A BIG THANK YOU to Daddy!!!

The major difference between the fathers of our time and the modern daddy of now is the involvement with the family. In the past, the man job is to bring back money for the family thus the rest of the loads would fall onto the shoulders of the wife!!!! So naturally, we would be much closer to the mummy as she is the one who spends most of the time with us.

It is really heartening to see that the daddy NOW is much more hands-on and being so much involved with the kids development. Since the birth of my 2 boys, my hubby has been very involved in the taking care of the kids. I still remembered the first few days after I give birth to Jayden.....I don't dare to change his diapers when he pooed, and it was daddy who took over the task to do it even though it is also his first time doing it. Phew....

Even now, Daddy would try his best to spend quality time with the kids when he comes back from work. He would read books to the boy or just bring them cycling or kicking ball. Most of the time, he would be the one making milk for the boys before they sleep at night on his own accord. :)

He likes to shop in supermarket getting stuffs for the household much more than me. :) Sometimes I teased him that he seems more like the "housewife" than me.  

He spends most of his time with the family which is something that I cannot asked for more. I am really glad that WE are his main priority!!!! Whenever I have any request for him to bring us anywhere, he will gladly do so without much unhappiness even though he has just come back home from his tiring job.

He is also much more patient than me when it comes to coaching Jayden in his studies. I got a really short tempered and tends to erupt when Jayden doesn't get what I am teaching him. So Daddy got to take over the task of it, and he really did a good job. So I can really depends on him when I need a breather....

In the past, I used to ask him whether he regret having kids??? His reply is forever a "NO". To him, these 2 monkeys bring alot of joy to him and now they are already part of his life. I can still recalled the incident which took place last December when Javier has a fit... and becomes unconscious... what comes to our mind is we seem to be losing him, we both cried together....this is the first time I have seen him so panicky and cried!

All in all, I am really grateful for the love and attention that Daddy has given us over the years!!!! We love you Daddy!!!!!

And I would like to take this opportunity to wish all Daddies a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers