Monday, June 21, 2010

Cute little cupcakes

Just thinking of doing something with the kids since daddy is out of town as I am not planning to carry out the great task of bringing them out alone, we decided to make some cupcakes at home today. 

However my pil drop by my place and bought us some breakfast and some stuffs for cooking and Jayden having see them here wanted to go to their place. (Jayden is very close to them since he is very young, he likes going to their place. Frankly speaking, I do feel jealous sometimes... as I am the one looking after him, but he is not that close to me.)Thus that left me and Javier to do the cupcakes, since I have prepare all the stuffs and Javier is waiting eagerly for me to start, we begin our TASK without further ado....
I prepared a dough for Javier to play. He enjoys cutting out the flowers, star and numbers from the dough! Machiam like playing play dough... :)
I make some colourful rainbow and clouds. It is very easy to make these rainbows, just that the preparation work is abit tiring. The original fondant  is white, so I got use to use the colour paste to mix to the fondant to get the colour I want.
Elmo face which is specially make for my boys. This is my 2nd attempt making fondant figurine, I'm starting to get the hang of it. But definitely got room for improvement .
 
Javier was so happy to see the Elmo face, many a time he try to take it off the plate while I am not looking!!! :(
After making all the fondant figurines, it is time to bake the cupcakes. Frankly speaking baking the cupcakes is so much easier than making the fondant figurines.

And one hour later, our cupcakes are ready....
Of course, the 1st person to try it out is none other than my little helper!!!!
Biting off  Elmo face.. Personally I hate the taste of the fondant.. too sweet for my liking. But my little boy managed to eat the whole Elmo face at one go!!! Sounds abit yucky....
When it comes to eating, Javier sure has no image at all!!! Busy stuffing the cakes into his mouth....

5 comments:

  1. Is there any other interesting stuff at your in-law's place capture the heart of your elder son? Perhaps a bigger house, more running space? More freedom? Or maybe fish pond? Or maybe cousin?

    You might want to feel it this way. (Perhaps make you feel better?)

    Sometimes it is still good to have someone taken care of your elder son so that you can bond with your younger son on 1 to 1 basis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess he likes to go there is due to the freedom to do anything he likes there. Over there he is like a little 'king', whereas at home he got alot of restrictions. They dote on him alot to the extent that it becomes "pampered". And he can fish in the pond too....

    I told myself to think it this way that he still like his home and loves us, but every time when he seems so relunctant to come home or even kick up a big fuss when we try to make him come home, i feel so hurt and sad! Sometimes I would say some hurtful things to him causing both of us to feel so bad. I really hate myself for saying these hurtful things to him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thot softer approach will work on everyone else? Try telling him more that you love him?

    Nevertheless, this is part and parcel of our motherhood. Just hang on and I am sure your boy will know you love him a lot. After all, I always feel, first child is the most special one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i really didnt know u so artistically incline leh!! all the fondant u make so nice!!

    boys will be boys, at least there are his grandparent and seems like they stay in a big house, so can understand kids and like u say he is being PAMPERED there plus this is first grandson huh keke ... maybe a 3rd gal ... hahaha ~

    my inlaw used to look after this 2 kids, and inlaw they stay in a 4room flat. this 2 kids also dun want to go home when at their own home they hv more toys, bigger flat too. When their parents come bring them home is like 南京大屠杀!! always never manage to bring them home de lo!

    If i am their mom i sad lo, like kidnapper trying to kidnap them away like tat!! KICK and throw themself on the floor lo! At least urs is grandparent not so bad le ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sunflower: Soft approach do works for Jayden, but sometimes I am too angry to use it. But after when we have cool down, I will explain to him and say that I do loves him alot.

    Hi Ee: Thanks for the compliment!!!
    Actually when he is younger at around 1yrplus to 2yr plus... bringing him back home is really like 南京大屠杀... no joking. During that time it is really hell for us when it is time for him to go home. Both hubby and me really dread that period. Now he is bigger and understand better, so situation improves alot as compared to last time.

    Luckily my younger son is the opposite of his gorgor.. he looks forward to go home whenever we went to pick him up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers