Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jayden K1 School Work

No play but a lot of work!!!! That's how I describe Jayden K1 curriculum in school. It seems to me that Jayden really writes alot and do alot of worksheet in class.I understand that his school forcus alot on developing the child academically. But I suppose all work and no play makes him a dull person..... everytime when he comes back from school, I  would ask him "what did you do in school". His reply is forever " I write alot, do worksheet, colouring".

Actually I was thinking of switching him to another school, but 3 reasons holds me back. Firstly, he likes his current school now and he has make a lot of friends. So it would be rather cruel of me to take these away from him now. Secondly, To get him to re-adapt to a new environment for just 1.5years is not what I want. I want him to study comfortably in his accustomed enviroment. And he is already so used to the teaching method of his kindy teacher and the pace of the teaching. Thirdly, and also the most crucial reason is Jayden doesn't wants to change school! :( So I decided to let him continue his attending this current school.
The heap of school work for Term 2, not forgetting that Jayden has already start having spelling and 听写 since Term 2.
Of course, there is holiday homework for him!!! One workbook for chinese and one for English and Maths.

I guess all this 'drilling' gets him mentally prepared when he enters Primary 1. I heard from some mummy that this kindy prepares the child very well for Primary 1. So at least hearing such comments, I am not so worried now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers