Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Sneak Preview @ Universal Studio Singapore

Continuing from Wild Wild Wet, we went to Vivo City for some shopping as we need to get some present for Jayden's friend birthday party on Sunday. We mostly did window shopping as it is rather difficult to shop with the 2 monkeys with me without the stroller!!! Now my best friend is the stroller (I really cannot do without it), it has been with me for close to 3years, and I really put it to good use. :)

After shopping for a while, and it took some times for us to drag the boys out of toysrus. We took a Express train to Waterfront Station where the Universal Studios is located. My boys were quite well-behave inside the train as they were busy looking at the scenery outside. Very quickly we reached our destination as it is only 1 stop away from Sentosa @ VivoCity Station.What greeted us when we walked out of the station is the large Water Fountain. When I told Jayden to pose for this picture, he was quite reluctant as we did not buy him any toy when we went to Toysrus just now… So he was feeling a teeny bit of grouchy. Finally, we saw this big revolving ball, but only I was excited to see it lah. Both the boys stands far far away and refuse to go near it. Reason being that Jayden was feeling grouchy, and Javier was scared of it. :(Until we saw this Hershey Mascot, then Jayden’s mood became better. He was even willing to take a picture with it. Javier was still standing far far away looking at it. He is very scared of all character Mascots, thus the Disneyland HK Trip last year was a frightening experience for him as there is Mascots everywhere!!!!We did not bring the kids to the Universal Studios because we are not sure whether they will enjoy it or not. Cos from what I heard, most of the rides are not very suitable for young kids, moreover both my boys are not those adventurous type. And another reason is that Javier is very scared of the Mascots, so I do not want to stress him with these. So we take this opportunity to bring the kids to see see look look before we decide whether to bring them here for a Full Day trip.

On every Thursday to Sunday after 7pm, the entrance fee to the Universal Studios is only $2, it is definitely a well-spend amount to take a tour of the Universal Studio, although only the main street is open for us where we can dine and buy some merchandise.
The queue to go inside the Universal Studio was so long. So we decided to let the boys drink their milk outside while waiting for the queue to  shorten. And truth enough, after the boys finished their milk, the long queue was totally gone.  But the inside was so packed, everywhere is so crowded, be it the restaurant or the merchandise shop.The Madagascar shop attracted my boys attention, before I know it. Javier was already inside the shop looking at the soft toys. The 2 of them trying to strangle the penguins..... fooling around again!

The decoration inside the shop was very nice with all the familiar characters popping out here and there. Even Javier was very excited to see it. He keep exclaiming the animals and told me to look at them. Next they saw this stage with alot of surf board and dashed to it jumping on the stage. I guessed the most happy thing that Javier saw here is none other than these antique cars. He climbed on top of most of the car and sit on it. Once I carried him down from 1 car, he would dashed to another car and climbed onto it. I saw this ride and feel that it sure looks scary and dangerous. No way would I take this ride, might be I am getting old already, so cannot take this kind of thrill and excitement anymore! :(While we were standing near the river enjoying the sea breeze and at the same time looking at this roller coaster ride, Javier has already make his way to another car, and when I saw him… he was lying comfortably on the car daydreaming!!!! We had our late dinner at Mel’s Drive-in as they was not much selection of eatery here. But waiting for table really takes alot of patience. The restaurant was so packed, every table .... there is sure someone waiting! So finally after 20mins, we managed to get a table. While waiting for Daddy to buy the food, Jayden entertained himself by looking at the Power Ranger toy which is bought earlier at Toysrus for his friend birthday.So more photos were snapped here as Daddy queue for quite a long time to get the food. But never mind, I have 2 monkeys to entertain me… :) Finally our food is here. We ordered 3 meal for us. I ate the chicken burger set, the chicken was juicy and crispy, I would give it a thumb up! And Daddy said the fish Burger was nice too! Our Coke and Ice Milo My Chicken Burger Meal… Yummy Yummy Yummy.

After our dinner, we walked along the street one last time before leave.  I though it would quite interesting to let Javier pose at this large Hershey’s chocolate Syrups since he likes chocolate so much!!!!! :) Luckily he was quite cooperative to let me take a few shots.

2 comments:

  1. Yvette loves those vintage car too.

    Love the picture of Javier lying on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. I like that picture too. He seem so relax and enjoying himself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers