Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Port Dickson & Malacca - Day 3

It is time to bid farewell to Port Dickson. We do feel abit sad to leave the comfort of our resort. We have a really enjoyable time staying here.
We have our buffet breakfast before we check out of our room.
Who cares about image, when there is food in front of Javier. haha....

Since we still got abit of time after our breakfast, we decided to take a dip at the pool. But after dipping a while, it tends to get quite difficult to get the kids especially Jayden out of the pool.
Finally it is really time to bid farewell. Bye Avillion Resort... We will be back!!!!!

We will be driving to Malacca for a one night stay for some shopping and makan. But before we make our way down to Malacca, we would be stopping by the Port Dickson Ostrich Farm. Upon seeing the farm, it looks rundown and lacked of maintenance, but since we are already here, we decided to take a short tour of the farm. My boys loves animals, all sorts of animals even mosquitoes and flies!!!!. So needless to say, they enjoyed looking at the ostriches, turkeys, rabbits, monkeys, Iguana at the farm. 
We bought a packet of food for the boys to feed the ostrich, but upon seeing the ostrich, both of them refused to feed them. So ended up, daddy got to feed the ostrich himself. 
But one incident that make me feel really uncomfortable is that I saw one of the ostrich's neck injured with a piece of flesh dangling on its neck and blood dripping down. Two other ostriches was actually pecking at the injured ostrich's neck.. OH it was really very gross!!! I quickly moved away and can't make myself looked at it. Even Jayden was asking me what happen to the Ostrich, how come there is blood dripping from the neck?
Besides seeing the Ostrich, there is also an Ostrich egg on display, it allows the visitors to stand on it (but the person weight must be below 120kg) to justify that Ostrich egg can withstand very heavy weight without cracking. Of course, my boys wasted no time to take turns to step onto the egg.
Javier even try to hold up the egg, but the egg is so so so heavy.
The Ostrich egg shell

After the Ostrich farm, we make our way down to Malacca. Since it was only a short distance to Malacca, we decided to have our lunch only when we reached Malacca. But I was wrong! With some time spend on finding our ways, we only reached Malacca at 3plus. And Javier just woke up from his nap, he was super cranky throughout the meal and he refused to eat and keep throwing tantrums and crying.

We have our lunch at the famous chicken Rice shop Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Ball at Jonker Walk. The shop was very crowded even though it is already pass the lunch time.
Malacca is very popular with the chicken rice ball. If you walk along street of Jonker Walk, you would come across a few chicken rice shop which have this specialty. Well.... this is the 2nd time I try this rice ball. But frankly speaking, I still prefer the original chicken rice rather than this. The rice used for this riceball is soft and sticky, which I hates. So this would definitely be the last time I am going to try anymore chicken rice ball.
But I like the chicken alot. The meat is tender and juicy. Wooo...

After our lunch, we went to the SAN SHU GONG to buy some local snacks.
Very nice decoration inside the shop

Javier mood is slightly better now after Daddy brought him for a walk when I was having my lunch. He is really famished now since he has his last meal of milk 4 hours ago. He saw some lady giving out some biscuit samples for trying, and he approached them for some to eat. After finishing one biscuits, he wants me to bring him to the lady to get another one. :( He continuously do so for 4 times, until I stop him and bought a packet of that biscuits for him.
While Me and Javier are shopping inside SAN SHU GONG, Jayden and Daddy was leisurely sitting down enjoying their Kaya Fish pancake
After gobbling our snacks, we make our way to ALDY HOTEL. It is a boutique hotel which is conveniently located near to most of the Place Of Interest and JONKER WALK(the nite pasar malam). It was a last minute decision for a stopover at Malacca, thus most of the hotel were already fully-booked when I surf the net for our hotel. So ended up, I managed to get this hotel. It doesn't look grand and it is a small hotel. But the room is clean and spacious. So overall it was still not too bad.
We took a short rest before we start our exploring, but as usual my 2 monkeys are too excited to rest. They were jumping on the bed, opening the cabinet cupboard lah....

First we went to the Maritime  Museum for a short tour on board the Merchant Trade Ship. In this ship, we get at a closer look at Melaka's maritime history. The exhibits include assorted artefacts from 14th century Malay Sultanate to the Portuguese, Dutch and British periods.
Welcome On board the ship!!!!
A very sweet picture which I likes alot.
Any place is like a playground for my boys. They were not interested in the exhibits at all, to them the fun part is able to run up and down the spiral staircase inside the museum. :( I got to keep talking to them sternly to stop them from dashing about.

After the museum, its was already late and it time for dinner!!!! Although we are still full from the chicken rice, but I think Javier is quite hungry as he did not eat his lunch. We went to Restoran Ole Sayang for our dinner. It is one of the famous Nyonya food restaurants in Malacca.
From the outside, I though the restaurant is closed, but when I pushed the door open, I realise the restaurant is bustling with diners. This Restaurant gives a homely feel to diners seeking true Nonya dishes. Just one word to describe the service and food there "FANTASTIC"!!
Don't be fool by the appearance of this dish. It is not curry but a sweet dish specially ordered for the kids. But my boys doesn't take a fancy to this dish, ended up me and daddy wolf it down. :)
The Toufu soup is very nice. Very light and refreshing.
Our dessert-Chendol. I did not try the dessert as I was already too full from eating the dishes.

After a heavy dinner, we need to do some walking to burnt off some of the calories! Haha.. its seems like a excuse for us to go jalan jalan at JONKER WALK.
I saw alot of kids selling stuffs at JONKER WALK. The kids there is so independent as compared to the kids in Singapore. They are able to tend the store at such a young age. I guessed it is the environment which we lives in which make such a great difference. Frankly speaking, most of the kids in Singapore are too badly pampered which includes my own kids! 
I saw one of the shops selling alot of hats and decided to let Javier try it on. He keep taking it down when I put it on for me. So it was really difficult for me to take this shot. :)
 
We ended our walk with a treat of "Muah Chee". And time to go back to our hotel!!!! We need to recharge for tomorrow mah!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, your entries of your trip make me want to go there. Very nice pictures and write up and very well plan itinearies!

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah really look nice ...
    maybe can go there the next time, no need fly off to phuket kekeke :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflower: Thanks! :) The Aviilion resort is just the right place to bring the kids to!!!! Really nice and alot of activities there.

    Ee: The resort is nice!!! But the seawater is not very clear, murky colour due to pollution. So I think if beach and nice clear seawater is what you are looking for, Phuket will still be better wor!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers