Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Javier @ 29 months

Whenever I want to pen down the things that Javier currently knows, I would definitely ponder and decide what to write. AThis post is not to 'show off' what Javier knows but to record it down for me to look back in future. :)

Toilet Training: Beside sleep time, he is doing great. He can tells us when he wants to pee when he we brings him outside. At home, he can go to the toilet and pee himself and will wash his hands after that.

Self feeding: Still a long way for him to master this skill. Although sometimes I do let him self feed himself, but the after-mess is really unimaginable!!! And he takes a very long time to finish his meal, so sometimes I really cannot stand it and will try to feed him myself. But when it comes to snack, like eating Jelly, Yogurt, Ice-cream (that is a total different story).... don't even think about helping him!!! He will REFUSE and will insist on eating it himself, and he sure can finish it very very fast.

Learning ABC: He is beginning to recognise more letters and their sound now. Currently he knows A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, N, O, P, Q, S, W, Z. Besides learning it from the homeschooling, he learns his alphabets from watching Leapfog Letter factory and starfall website. He loves watching Leapfrog letter factory and that is the only show which he can sit down to watch from starting to end. For the starfall website, he learns alot of new words (A highly recommended educational website for kiddy learning alphabets!!!)

Learning 123: Ahmmmm... currently he doesn't recognise any numbers although I have been going through with him for a few months.. He can recite from 1 to 10 though. I am thinking of ways to teach him, but it just don't work.

Learning Shape: Well, learning shapes to Javier is a pretty easy job. I just have to mention once or twice to him, he would be able to remember it well. Currently he knows: Circle, Square, Rectangle, Diamond, Triangle, Oval, Hexagon, Heart.

Learning Colour: I'm not really sure which colour that he know well. Sometimes out of a sudden, he will point to an objects and tells me the colour, other times when I ask him again, he will seem not sure of it. But at least I know he do knows some of the colours.

Learning Fruits/Vegetables: (Thanks to the flashcard which I bought from popular) He learn most of the vegetables and fruits from the cards. Currently he knows; Pumpkin, french beans, bitter gourd, capsicums, carrots, mango, cauliflower, mushroom, cherry, strawberry,  persimmons, papaya, bamboo shoot, Kiwi, pineapple...

Learning Body Part: He learnt some new words this month, namely elbow and thumb from the ladybug song.

He also like me to go through the "First 1000 Words" with him. In fact both of my boys enjoy looking through this book.

Social and Emotional Development: He is a bubbly and joyous boy who likes to make new friends and enjoyed the company of other kids. But he has the tendency to hit other child when he is not happy which is a really bad habit and I am trying my best to correct him.

Manners: Recently, I notice that he don't says 'Excuse me' anymore when someone blocks his way. Instead yesterday I just heard him say ' Bi Bi Bom Bom' when he needs to get pass Daddy as Daddy was blocking his way.

Discipline: When it comes to discipline, it is not easy with Javier. Counting down and threatening him is useless at all. He will just ignore us and continue with his task. Even if you take a cane and flash it in front of him would not be much use. He will pretend to be scare and say 'don't cane me!' But if you ask him to hold out his hand to be cane, he will hold out his hand and wait for for us to cane without batting an eye. After the caning, he will start his mischief again.

The little destroyer have DESTROY alot of things in the house, naming a few are: Remote controls, bed lamps, fans, mouse, PSP players.... having such behaviours of course will warrant scolding, smacking and caning!!!!

I hope this phase will pass soon and he will stop throwing the things in the house!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers