Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On the Road to Recovery

I am glad that Javier is finally better now, although he has not fully recovered yet. I have develope a habit of checking his hand, foot and mouth daily to note for any new blisters. I am happy to say that situation is under control, no more new blisters and the ulcers at his throat is clearing up. His appeptite is improving, he will ask for food and snacks to eat now. The last 4 days were really 'Hell' for us, his crankiness, bad appepitte, bad tempered... all that you can think of. He smacks my hands and legs me countless of time until I lost count, I did not scold him but just hold his hand to stop him from hitting me. I know his throat ulcers is causing him alot of discomfort and pain. And that there is nothing I can do, but jsut hold him and pat him and console him. I know he is venting his anger from pain, that's why he hit me.

It is really saddening and heartbreaking to see him suffer like this. During the last 4 days, he keep pointing to his mouth and say 'pain pain', he don't even dare to swallow his saliva, thus he keep drooling and I got to keep wiping his saliva off for him. At night, he can't sleep well, keep waking in the middle of night for so many times complaining of pain. He din eat much for the past few days, just a tenny bit of milk for the whole day. He has become so much skinner within 4 days.

I do lose my tempers with him a couple of time. Sometime he request me to take a particular food for him, when I give it to him, he keep saying 'no no no'. So I just take back the food, and he will get mad, and keep screaming and start to smack my leg. So I will give it back to him, he will take it from me and throw it on the floor a couple of times. This really trigger my temper and I just scold him very sternly and  loudly. When I walked away and ignore him, he will get angrier and chase after me and smack me for a couple of times. I believe both of us got the same temper!!!! Hiaz... what should I do with him!! 

I hope since he is getting better now, he won't be so cranky anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers