Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My 1st Bento of Shapes

The Bento for today dinner consists of 2 onigiri shaped in heart and flower with some seaweed on top. A pan-fried Salmon, hard boiled eggs, broccoli and apple.

It was a very simple bento which was just perfect for a beginner like me. But I am glad that it managed to make my boys more excited during the dinner time today. Yippee…. :P

Just some steps for my preparation of the Bento:

1) I used Japanese rice for the Onigiri and after the cooked rice became cool, I added some light soya sauce to give it some taste. I bought the shape mould from Daiso and it is really simple to use. I use craft puncher to cut out the flower shape seaweed.

2) For the apple: I cut the apple with a flower shaped cutter.

3) For the pan-fried Salmon: I fried some garlic until slight golden brown, then add in some onion and continue frying. Next I add in the marinated Salmon (I marinated with Teriyaki Sauce, sugar and soya sauce) follow by the marinate sauce and a small amount of water. Let it cooked till done …occasionally, I do flip the fish over and back (Got his recipe from my friend. ;) It taste yummy!

4) For the broccoli: I boiled some water with oil and salt added. Once the water boiled, I blanched the broccoli in it. (Just a while will do)

Javier was able to wiped out the dinner (except the broccoli) in 15mins. That was a huge difference from his daily meal time. I only encounter some setback initially when I wanted to feed him the 1st mouthful where he keep shaking his head and refused to open his mouth. But after that, it was a breeze… he automatically opened his mouth when I feed him .. hmmm without any forcing or coaxing!!!! Whereas for Jayden, as usual he likes to take his own sweet time.. but worth to compliment him that he finished eating his dinner (except the broccoli) in 45mins with minimal nagging at him, although little bit of nagging is still unavoidable. :)

I am so motivated by today results, I am so looking forward to do more for my boys.

6 comments:

  1. HA! KIDS! haha must 'DESIGN' the food to motivate them to eat!! You Really good patience, i think if me, would TORTURE them for 3 days, see they dare dare or not hahahaha!! But then again, if I have kids maybe also bao bei keke ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bento set looks nice and delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I do mini bento for my boys too when they refused to eat anything for days. It's really fun but time consuming. You can check out Daiso for all the cute bento tools & accessories. Do you know there's even hard boiled egg mould? I was so surprised to know such thing exist. haha...

    My version here, if you are interested. :)
    http://whenyouneverexpecttwo.blogspot.com/2010/06/kids-bento.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an excellent first bento!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya..

    Thanks for all the compliment! This is really a great encouragement for me. I hope these Bento will make them enjoyed their meal more.

    Renelik
    Thanks for letting me know about the Stuffs at at Daiso. Actually I pop by at Daiso SSC 2 weeks agao, and I got a few of my bento tools there. I was hoping to get some cute face puncher, unfortunately it is all sold out.

    I saw the Bento which you make for your boys, looks yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers