Sunday, August 8, 2010

Homeschooling – 23rd Week (19-25 July 2010)

Again, this is a overdue post of our homeschooling for Letter P. These few days, I am trying diligently to update some of the overdue stuffs we did for the past few weeks. And I am glad that it almost done!!! Phew….

Theme for the week: Peacock. I get most of my printable materials from here. What prompted me to choose this theme is peacock is one of Javier’s favorite birds. Everywhere we go, he would says he wants to see peacock… so comical!!!!

Based on the peacock theme, I introduce him the word : Feathers. Beside this word, I also introduced 4 other words to him, Pencil, Persimmons, Plum and Photograph. He keep giggling when he saw his photo on the learning board.When he saw the picture of the pencil on the board, he quickly took one pencil from the pencil case and put at the picture and show it to me. :)

Learning Letter P

For letter P learning, we did a fair amount of worksheets. I think by now he is quite used to doing worksheet, he would automatically knows what to do when I showed him the activity sheet.

These are the activity sheet we did for Letter K:

Activity one: Letter P tracing  Activity 2: Spotting the Letter He likes doing this activity sheet, currently he doesn’t want me to circle the letter for him anymore. He prefer to do it himself. He is improving now, he can draw almost a complete circle now. Then final outcome, still recognizable as to all the letter P which he circle. :)

Activity 3: Dot Art Letter P pumpkin  Activity 4: Dot Art Letter P Among the alphabet letter, dot art is one of the most enjoyed activity for Javier. He can finished it very fast by himself. Activity 5: Letter Tracing and coloring He looked so fully concentrated in his letter P tracing. But he still needs my help for this activity. Next, we colored the pumpkin together. 

Doing CraftsWe did 2 crafts for this week which includes a peacock and a coloring of peacock. The pink piggy was done by Javier in school. He was so happily telling us that the pig piggy was done by him.We did a handprint peacock. First I trace the hand of Javier (I did for quite a few handprint), than I cut out the hand. Next would be the task of Javier, he would glue all the hands onto a yellow construction paper (this acts as feathers). Than follow by the body and lastly I add in the eyesWe did a coloring of the peacock together. He likes me to do coloring with him. :)

Song we SingWe sing a song of “I’m a Little Penguin” to the tune of “I’m a Little Teapot”. Javier loves this song, whenever the song finish, he would say “again!”. :)

Books We Read

Penguins by Liz PichonThe penguins is this story is depicts as happy zoo creatures who enjoy looking at the people who come to look at them. One day, a little penguin notices a camera that has been left behind. Delighted, he asks the other penguins to line up, face him, and say “FISH!”. Then all of the little penguins take pictures of each other until the camera stops working.

The zookeeper finds it the next morning and returns it to the little girl who lost it  The last spread reveals the developed pictures, which feature a variety of zoo animals, and then, in a foldout flap, the penguins in all their poses. (Javier simply loved the pull-out photos of the penguins)

The Three Horrid Little Pigs by Liz Pichon This book is not one of Javier’s favorite, thus he only allow me to read it to him when Jayden wants to listen to it. I think this story is abit too lengthy for Javier now. The review of the book can be found here.

Learning MathsThis week, I introduced seven to Javier. Currently, he is still not too sure and confident when it comes to number recognition. Sometime he would be guessing when I ask him the numbersWe also did a stickers pasting activity to re-inforce his number counting.

Learning ShapeWe are still on Pentagon for our shape learning. Javier insists on using the small sticks to form the Pentagon. :(

Learning Chinese

For Chinese, we read a 儿歌 and a story book about dentist.

儿歌:绿螳螂This is a very simple story about a dentist and a crocodile. My boys loves this book. 

Practical Skill

We did some really practical learning activities this week.Inserting the toothpick, and after finish doing the activities, Javier likes to keep back the toothpick himself. Paper Cutting.

Drawing Circle and Straight Line. These are the circles and straight lines which he drew.

Mini ExperimentWe did a mini experiment for popping popcorn.

Other Activity Most of our free would be spend on playing puzzles and reading book. Normally Javier would take out the puzzles himself and ask me to do with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers