Monday, August 1, 2011

Tiger Lapbook

This is an overdue post on the lapbook which we did during the June holiday. In conjunction with the Tiger Lapbook, we read a book “The little Babaji” where the story took place in India. Thus I briefly touched on the country India, actually I have prepared some materials related to India, but I never include it in our learning for this time.

Javier colouring the flag of India

This is an Overview of our lapbook, our learning includes how tiger find prey, characteristics of tiger, tiger habitat and home, different type of large cats, different type of tigers, tiger diet, tiger related vocabulary. 
We were amazed to find that the tiger teeth called canine is 3 inches long.

I compiled a note on tiger and after going through with the boys, I got Jayden to pick out the key points for the tiger habitat and home and write it on the lapbook page.
 
And this is what Jayden wrote.

The vocabulary that my boys learnt are quadriceps, tigress, territorial, camouflage, endangered and carnivore.
On the learning of the different type of Large cats, first I go through the many type of cats with them. After that they will choose which one they want to paste on the booklet.  Even when doing this activity togather, the boys will fight over who to paste which ‘cats’.


For the Tiger Diet, we brainstorm and I wanted them to guess what the tiger eat. And of course Jayden is our littler writer for our lapbook. After that I also had him read through the notes for reference on what I had written for the tiger diet.

tig11tig22 
A little fine motor skill practice for Javier here. Beside revising what T stands for ….which is Tiger. I also get Javier to trace the word Tiger.
It doesn’t look very clear here, actually he wasn’t in the best of mood that day and wasn’t very keen to do it. He simply doesn’t bother to colour the tiger. :(
 
 
The following are all done by Jayden as Javier was not interested at all as alot of writing is involved here.The special features of the tigers which helps them to find prey. 
  
The characteristics of a tiger.

Jayden also wrote a short passage on a Tiger.

For our Art, we did not do much besides drawing some pictures of tiger using this book as reference. Although our tigers doesn’t look really like one, but they had a fun time trying to draw one. :P

My boys deeply concentrating in drawing their tigers.
This is Javier’s tiger with a few whiskers.

And with that, we end our lapbook on Learning about Tiger. I printed the lapbook here.

2 comments:

  1. I always tot it should be spelt tigress ...
    ALot of work for u to prepare for their work huh *faint*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you are right leh. Its spelt as tigress... keke.. Jayden spell it wrongly. :P

    At least if they enjoyed the learning, I don't mind the time and effort to prepare it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers