Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hua Nam Restaurant Tim Sum @ Upper Thomson Road

Driving along Upper Thomson Road, you can see many shop houses and eateries. I have came here for my Roti Prata meals or meals at other eatery no less than 10 times. But whenever I passed by this place and wanted D to try out the Dim Sum, he would tell me it doesn’t taste good after patronizing here once. But I was feeling quite curious as to why it is always so crowded despite that D kept telling me that the food is only so-so.

Thus I decided to give it a try, though D gave me a disapproving look. :P Looking at their shop front you would know it is a very historical place to have your meal. Actually It is pretty difficult to find these type of old restaurants with it's unique shop front now. Well, for seating wise, it is quite limited, but we were quite lucky to get a table within 5 minutes.

Though the place is very crowded, the service is rather fast. The tim sum is  alright and is only heated up upon ordering.

These are the Dim Sums we ordered.


This is a must - order for my boys as they love this bun.


Glutinous Chicken rice

 
Xiao Long Bao which I did not try as I was feeling too full from stuffing the other food into my tummy.

 
Pork Rib.


My favourite Siew Mia – This is an important dish for me, whenever I popped by any Dim Sum eatery. Basically I would judge the goodness of the eatery by the Siew Mia they served.

 
Jayden busy stuffing the bun into his mouth.


While Javier refused to eat anything, and prefer to play with his ice-milo.


The century egg porridge is a must have as recommended.

 
I did not find the meal enjoyable today, mainly due to Javier was throwing tantrum (we did not fulfilled our prata date with him as the prata shop located a few shops away was closed today, thus we changed plan to have our breakfast here instead, and this trigger his temper to flare) throughout the whole meal, he was crying so loudly most of the time, that I think the whole coffee shop is looking at our table.  This really spoilt my eating mood badly. :(

Address:
Hua Nam Restaurant (华南菜馆)
244F Upper Thomson Road
Thomson Garden Estate
Singapore, SG 574369

3 comments:

  1. went there once the dimsum so-so but the glutinious rice chicken looks good! must find a good recipe for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find the Dim Sum not very very fantastic, but acceptable lo. Thus I also don't know why the business is so good. :P

    Wow.. glutiuous rice chicken seems difficult to make. Recently, I am getting real lazy to try out new recipe. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try out a glutinious chicken rice recipe once but not nice leh ... don't know those sell in kopitiam ALOT Of MSG or not kekeke ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers