Friday, May 13, 2011

More or Less?

I got inspiration from this mummy blog, I like the activities that he did with his boy. And I have use some of the ideas for planning the activities to do with Javier.

I use a few examples to explain more and less to Javier. After using this red dots card to explain to him, I used the mini fruits again to show him group which contains more and less.

Initially when I just place numeral 9 and 2 and ask him which is more, he wasn’t able to relate. So I placed the bananas there to let him visualize it, and he got it immediately.

So through this activity, he also learnt 2 new vocabulary “More and Less”. Normally I would do the activity this way, I would first ask him to tell me which group is less or more, then I would get him to pick out the correct card and place it on the respective group.

And we proceed to pattern sequencing.. he doesn’t really enjoy sequencing activity, but nevertheless he managed to 2 pattern sequencing activities with me. (He wants me to do with him and guide him along, instead of doing it himself)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers