Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dinner at SSC Aston

We had a real early dinner today at 5plus today. D seems to be falling in love with the food in Aston, and he suggested we dine here again. Btw the last we ate here is only 4 days ago:(

As usual, the serving portions were big and the food isn’t too bad. Did I mentioned that meal time for Javier is getting from bad to worse. I faced his tantrum whenever it is “meal time”, his first reaction when he hears, “ it’s dinner time or lunch time” is…. I  don’t want to eat!

It was so bad today, that I drag him to the nearby washroom to give him a really harsh smacking and warning. (I am not sure what trigger his cranky behavior for these past few days; he would whine, scream and shout at us for no reason… and it happen throughout the day; it is really driving me crazy!)

Today is the worse of all, during dinner at Aston, I told him not to sit on the table, he refused and shouted at me. :( Finally I managed to drag him down and sit on the chair, (but on and off, he still sits on the table) he refused to eat and turn behind to look at other diners. After a few tries, I managed to coax him to eat some rice, he eat one spoonful and spit out another spoonful. {I can still tolerate this! :( } The final straw happens, I scope the spoon of rice and told him to eat it himself, he ate half spoonful and used his hand to fling the remaining half spoonful onto my bag, chair and floor purposely. When I smacked his hand, he shouted at me and started crying very loudly. And you can guess what happen next…..

At least I managed to finish my dinner before I snap and drag Javier to the washroom!

Javier newly acquired bird! He choose a blue one for himself and a red one for Jayden! I was so angry with the above  episode, that I kept his angry bird and lied to him that the Aston staffs had confiscated it, because he misbehave in the restaurant. After asking me a few times, he take my words. (Bad mummy) 

 Taking a big bite of his chicken burger. Although Jayden doesn’t really enjoy eating and take a long time to finish him meal, at least he still eat and doesn’t throw tantrum like Javier. Sometimes I would wonder to myself, should I let Javier be and don’t force him to take his meal, but just take his milk instead????? :( to make my life simpler.

3 comments:

  1. WAH eat good food still play trantrum!! Haha must go back to out time sia! Everyday eat very plain food and when goes restaurant is a big deal liao!! Nowadays, give kids good food still got to worry they don't eat hmmpfff haha. wordless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun for them. :) as what you said, my bones also near shattered everytime
    I bring them for outing. keke... My boys energy level is superb de, they won't
    be tired out so easily! :D

    Actually I can still tahan their vast energy level, but I really cannot tahan
    when Javier refuse to eat, and I got to force, threaten or coax him to eat, that
    is the most tiring part. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky Choon Yen (at least for the past one year.)

    Could it due to he is not hungry? Actually your boy is not underweight, I feel you don't need to force him to eat, if he doesn't want to. Sometimes it is just a stage where he doesn't feel like eating. Maybe for the next dinning out, you give him some healthy snack before you all go or let him eat on the car?

    Sometimes it might be due to "too much good food". Afer all, nowadays, we do at least one weekend, we will bring our child out to eat at nice place to reward ourselves and spending good time together.

    Don't make meal time a battle ground. I know it is hard which the first two years of my parenthood, I spent a lot of time to find out ways to feed Yvette. (Yvette is often under weight although she is healthy.)

    Enjoy your food and the family gathering, just let him be for the time being. (Eg. take another 3-6 months.) Feed him heathly snack from time to time, eg. like his favorite fruit, raisin, some healthy nut if he like and even some biscuit. Slowly educate him again.. Perhaps this will work.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers