Thursday, May 19, 2011

Are You My Mother?

I had decided to do this lapbook, partly due to I like this story alot and since Mother’s Day is just around the corner, I feel that this would be good lapbook to do with the boys. Normally I would take 2 weeks to do a lapbook with Javier. I feel that it is a very comfortable time frame for us as I normally cannot do much learning on Thursday and Friday as I need to bring Jayden to his enrichments, so most of the learning would take place from Monday to Wednesday and Saturday.

This is the book which we read for this lapbook. I printed this lapbook from here.

Here goes our lesson: We started off with a really simple activity of counting the numbers of bird and pasting it in the correct number box.

Matching animals to their baby and revising the name of the baby.

Line matching to the different colour egg.

 Egg cracked, and baby bird hatched from the egg.

Things that Go…. Learning colour

We did a craft. I draw some flowers on foam and get the boys to cut it out. I must say that the foam is not easy to cut. Javier cut all the blue foam flower, and that make Jayden so angry, cos he was complaining that the blue flower that Javier cut is “very ugly!”… :D

I printed some blank heart shaped Mat for Javier to do pattern sequencing, letters and numbers Bingo.

We did bingo. I would write some words he learnt, numbers and letters inside the heart. Once I call out the ‘words, number or letter’, he would use his dot marker to stamp on it. They like this activity alot.

For Jayden, I would say an equation, be it multiplication, addition or subtraction, he would calculate and use the dot marker to stamp the bunny with the answer.

Below is the words that he learnt for his spelling. He requested me to do this with him, and so there we go…

 
We did a Mother Day card.

Javier would colour in the inside of the cut out heart. And I wrote some wording on it.


This is a activity to strengthen their fine motor skill. They had to drop one drop of blue water inside the small blue circle which I had drawn.
It started to get messy halfway through the activity.    We learnt a new word… Bird.

As you can see from the above picture, Javier doesn’t want to let Jayden colour with him. He was holding on to Jayden’s hand to stop him from colouring. So ended up he coloured the picture himself. But after a while, he wasn’t keen to colour anymore and ran off to play with other toys. :(

We also read another book - Piglet and mama.

This is a rather simple and enjoyable learning weeks for us. So we would be looking forward to some learning activities related to Father’s Day soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers