Friday, September 3, 2010

Things we did for the past few weeks

For the past few weeks, I have stop the homeschooling with Javier temporary. Instead we just read books and do some activities which Javier enjoys and also watch some educational show like Baby Einstein and Brainy baby (Javier loves these show).

After knowing this book “Far Far Away” from this blog, I decided to borrow the following books from the same author hoping to get back Javier love for reading, but I would say it is still not very successful yet.

These 2 books are by John Segal which Jayden and I likes alot. (Jayden likes me to read Carrot Soup to him every night. So when I read, Javier would also join in and listen, he is not particularly in love with these 2 book but at least after I read the book to him, he knows these 3 words “Far Far Away” very well! and some part of the story quite well also) So at least I do get something across to Javier although he doesn’t seem to listen. We are still reading this book, as it is one of Javier’s favorite book at the moment. Both my boys love this book. Javier would say to me  “ Mummy, read Honey Bunny” almost everyday.All of us love this series of book “可爱的鼠小弟”. The story is funny and simple to read. Currently, we are reading these 2 books before bedtime almost every night.

Besides the books we read, below are some of the activities which we did:

1) Doing the Hama Bead set      2) Doing Puzzles. Javier loves doing animal related puzzles.He can fix this pooh bear puzzle himself with minimal help from us and can repeatedly do it for many times in a day. Another puzzle which he likes, the animals alphabet puzzles.

1 comment:

  1. Oh well, Choon Yen, at least you try to reading these books to them. Reading should be good enough in some sense.

    We love 可爱的鼠小弟 and Yvette starting to pick up more words from there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers